DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Coaches reached out to him I heard on the radio. So, he wasn't wasting anyone's time. Also, good on coaches still kind of trying to make him look this way a little more. And I also think the coaches are trying their best to show the in-state coaches,players, and high schools that they care and want to have good relationships with talent in the state.

This is just plain weird to me.

He picks Iowa over the home state school. Fine...any kid can go wherever he wants. But.....then you come and waste the staff's time...etc. visiting at a game with other top recruits that you are planning on playing against?

The whole situation of...."hey, I'm not going to come here and play but I'm going to come and socialize with all of you top recruits"....

He's not coming here or even reconsidering it. He wants to be cool hanging out on the sidelines of a Husker game. Iowa was playing at home too. Sooooo....you can drive to Iowa City and hang out with your future team mates, get to know the coaches even better, visit with their future recruits.......or........go hang out with the program you are going to compete against the next 4-5 years.

Weird......

Guess I'm not sure what it hurts to have him give us another closer look? If he is super firm to Iowa, sure it's weird. But I don't think an in state prospect visiting for a game doesn't do any harm even if henis committed elsewhere.

Harvey had a nice write-up on it as well. The coaches have been in constant contact and also respectfully giving him his space as he is committed to Iowa. He made the comment that it seems like the team is much more tight-knit than last year. Seems like things are getting better in his opinion. Still not sure if he will OV Nebraska, but he said not to close the door yet.

I don't get why people are complaining about having Fant come to Lincoln for a visit (official or unofficial). Recruiting isn't done until signing day. So what if Fant has committed to Iowa. It's the coaches of Nebraska to try to get him to change that commitment and come to NU. I guarantee other coaches are trying to get NU's commits to flip to their school. It happens everywhere.

• Fire 4

They told him months ago that he could play either.

Yes but it wasn't from the beginning and that factored into his decision.

That's kind of splitting hairs. He was telling all the recruiting services that he didn't care which side he played on. I would assume he was telling the coaches the same thing. Now, perhaps he did prefer TE but wasn't saying that to anyone. But that seems pretty odd. If he wasn't being forthright to the coaches, that makes it pretty hard for them.

At any rate, my response was more to commando who said he might come here if he could play TE. He was told he could play TE here long before he committed. If he really wanted to come here, he still had plenty of time to take them up on that offer. Perhaps he will still change his mind but it's not because we changed where we said he could play.

I don't get why people are complaining about having Fant come to Lincoln for a visit (official or unofficial). Recruiting isn't done until signing day. So what if Fant has committed to Iowa. It's the coaches of Nebraska to try to get him to change that commitment and come to NU. I guarantee other coaches are trying to get NU's commits to flip to their school. It happens everywhere.

Let me explain since it was my post that caused confusion. And, I admit my attitude towards this is confusing. (even in my own mind)

When I say it's "weird". I'm saying that I find it weird that he doesn't want to be in Iowa instead hanging out with his future friends, teammates, coaches...etc and experiencing their fan base in a season that is starting off better than any of theirs have started off in a very very very long time. I would think that atmosphere would awesome for a HS player that....well....ultimately wants to play there.

On the flip side, if the coaching staff still wants him, I don't blame them for allowing him to come visit and enjoy the magnificent, sites, sounds and excitement around Husker football. You never know when maybe that might put some doubt into his head on his decision.

Let me explain since it was my post that caused confusion. And, I admit my attitude towards this is confusing. (even in my own mind)

When I say it's "weird". I'm saying that I find it weird that he doesn't want to be in Iowa instead hanging out with his future friends, teammates, coaches...etc and experiencing their fan base in a season that is starting off better than any of theirs have started off in a very very very long time. I would think that atmosphere would awesome for a HS player that....well....ultimately wants to play there.

On the flip side, if the coaching staff still wants him, I don't blame them for allowing him to come visit and enjoy the magnificent, sites, sounds and excitement around Husker football. You never know when maybe that might put some doubt into his head on his decision.

Just playing devil's advocate, but Iowa played an 11:00 AM game on Saturday, while NU played at 2:30. Fant had a game on Friday night and probably didn't want to wake up early and make a 3 hour drive to Iowa to go to their game at 11 AM. So, he went to film study at South, then he (and probably family or friends) drove down to Lincoln to make it for the Wisconsin game. To me, it's not really a big deal either way.