DE Noah Fant [Iowa - Signed LOI]

Any chance the use of the tight ends last week gets Noah rethinking his decision?

Maybe, but I'm sure we explained to him how we would utilize the position more and he still chose Iowa. We will have a better shot at turning him if we can start winning games using it.

Did we really use our tight ends that much more? I remember a td pass to Foster and an incompletion to Sutton. Am I missing others?

Any chance the use of the tight ends last week gets Noah rethinking his decision?

Maybe, but I'm sure we explained to him how we would utilize the position more and he still chose Iowa. We will have a better shot at turning him if we can start winning games using it.

Did we really use our tight ends that much more? I remember a td pass to Foster and an incompletion to Sutton. Am I missing others?

BUT IT WAS A TD PASS TO A TIGHT END!!!!

To be fair we only had 3 TE's active. Foster could barely walk and Sutton of course only lasted part of the game. So I do think that hampered our usage.

Well the BYU game qas a bad example. We lost one and another was suspended. I think by mid season we should see a BIG increase at the TE position, espceially compared to the last several years.

Well the BYU game qas a bad example. We lost one and another was suspended. I think by mid season we should see a BIG increase at the TE position, espceially compared to the last several years.
Heck, a tight end caught a pass and ran it in for a score. For the first game, that's improvement enough.
  • 4 weeks later...

This is just plain weird to me.

He picks Iowa over the home state school. Fine...any kid can go wherever he wants. But.....then you come and waste the staff's time...etc. visiting at a game with other top recruits that you are planning on playing against?

The whole situation of...."hey, I'm not going to come here and play but I'm going to come and socialize with all of you top recruits"....

He's not coming here or even reconsidering it. He wants to be cool hanging out on the sidelines of a Husker game. Iowa was playing at home too. Sooooo....you can drive to Iowa City and hang out with your future team mates, get to know the coaches even better, visit with their future recruits.......or........go hang out with the program you are going to compete against the next 4-5 years.

Weird......

Taking in a free game. Can you blame him?

Yes...I would feel uncomfortable. That's like a girl turning you down then asking to go as the third wheel on your next date instead of going out on Saturday night with her new boyfriend.

Are you saying if this was you, you wouldn't rather be in Iowa City hanging out with your new coaches and team mates?

Taking in a free game. Can you blame him?

Yes...I would feel uncomfortable. That's like a girl turning you down then asking to go as the third wheel on your next date instead of going out on Saturday night with her new boyfriend.

But that's only if you're not still trying to get back with her, to use your analogy. Although "going out with friends" would be a more appropriate analogy than "next date".