How good is your crystal ball?

So much hand wringing over the Oregon State numbers. Can we please drop it? Again, OSU and Nebraska are not directly relatable. We wouldn't compare ourselves with Iowa State or Purdue, so lets not do it with Oregon State.

Hmmm, since 2000, OSU has the third best record in the Pac 10. Not exactly comparable to Purdue or Iowa State either. I'm kind of getting sick of fans talking down about OSU like it's still 1995.

And who was the coach for most of those years? Hmmmm.

Don't even try talking to that guy.

Saturday
Sept. 5 byu1.gif BYU Cougars
Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE _ Win close TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sept. 12 south-alabama1.gif South Alabama Jaguars
Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE Win big TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sept. 19 miami_fl1.gif at Miami (FL) Hurricanes
Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL loss close TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sept. 26 southern_mississippi1.gif Southern Miss Golden Eagles
Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE win big TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 3 illinois1.gif at Illinois Fighting Illini
Memorial Stadium, Champaign, IL win big TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 10 wisconsin1.gif Wisconsin Badgers
Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE loss close TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 17 minnesota1.gif at Minnesota Golden Gophers
TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN win close TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 24 northwestern1.gif Northwestern Wildcats
Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE win close TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 31 purdue1.gif at Purdue Boilermakers
Ross-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, IN win big TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 7 michigan_st1.gif Michigan State Spartans
Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE win big TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 14 rutgers1.gif at Rutgers Scarlet Knights
High Point Solutions Stadium, Piscataway, NJ win big TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 21 --- Open Date --- --- Friday
Nov. 27 iowa1.gif Iowa Hawkeyes
Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE win close TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Dec. 5 big-ten-logo-70.pngBig Ten Championship Game
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN ?????????? TBA ---

Those are my gutt preditions. I know I made different ones, when I was shocked after the Riley hire. More I look at Riley more okay I am with him. I would like to look at there scheduels and who they play weeks prior to make more accuarte points preditions, however those are my gutt preditions. I know I predicted 9 wins and hard fought 9 wins last season. Hopefully I am right again. This could be a great first year for our new coach.

Thought BC might do some good things and he may have, but his DC hire killed any hope of that.,.Didn't like the BC hire, from day one.

Thought Bo was the answer. Did get us some attention again. Not always good. Liked the Bo hire

If Riley needs to make changes to his staff, and he isn't to loyal like BC, he may do alright. On the fence, on this hire now. Didn't like the hire at first.

GBR!!!

• Fire 1

I feel better about the Riley hire than I did the last two.

I'll say 3 losses or less in the first year, and a conference title and/or major bowl appearance and/or top ten finish within 5 years.

I agree with this poster.

I knew Callahan would be a disaster. He lasted longer than I thought he would, and longer than he should have.

I thought Bo would be a huge improvement and he was.

The whole Riley hiring is so Callahanesque, I have to predict similar results. I'll say 6-6 this season. I'll even be a little more specific and predict an opening day loss to BYU followed by an upset at the hands of South 'Bama. Miami will be a blowout.

I knew Callahan would be a disaster. He lasted longer than I thought he would, and longer than he should have.

I thought Bo would be a huge improvement and he was.

The whole Riley hiring is so Callahanesque, I have to predict similar results. I'll say 6-6 this season. I'll even be a little more specific and predict an opening day loss to BYU followed by an upset at the hands of South 'Bama. Miami will be a blowout.

wow, that's dark! i might go 8-4, but that should be doable.

10-2 regular season - split CCG and BG - 11-3

Why: I think the upgrade coaching of the OL, QB will be the big difference. I don't expect the QB play to be Heisman quality, but I expect there will be more consistency, less pressure on the QB to make decisions on how to read the DE - hand off or tuck and run - thus fewer fumbles. The QB's job will be to hand off to the real runners or pass. They can focus on improving that part of their game.

The OL cannot but get better. I look for improvement here to help all phases of the game. Without AA, we need the OL to step up. When you loose an all-American talent like Amer, you need good OL play. AA made up for some poor blocking fundamentals. However, with that said, I think we will get good production by the quality of RBs we do have coming back. I think A.T will step up in a big way and be a real nice surprise.

The linebacker play, like the OL, can only get better. I think the article by the OWH pointed this out. We will have great play by the back half of the D, I think the D-Line play will actually be better - I like the attack mode that we will be in. This will set the D-line free to 'do their job'. I think it was too restrained in the past. So with better coaching of the LB, I see this unit improving greatly over last year.

BC & Bo:

After the 'its just another loss' comment by BC when we lost to ISU - last game that made us miss the bowl game, I knew BC was not a match for the NU tradition. I was glad that we had Zac Taylor at QB later to get us to the conf championship game - he was an 'on field coach' who made up for some of BC's lack.

Bo: I wanted Paul Johnson to be hired as our coach - I liked the way he was running the option at Navy and what he was able to do wt the restraints he had on recruiting there. He's proven to be a very good coach at GT and should have won that conf championship game except for a couple of plays. I thought we needed an experience head coach. That was my thought going into the coaching search. Regarding Bo: After his hire, I thought he would bring back the NU mojo like the teams of the 1990s had. His first few years showed evidence of this - including 2010 - then it was like we hit a wall. I wasn't disappointed in Bo's hiring but was surprised as the years went by how much he micro-managed and how he seem to need less experienced coaches around him (maybe due to feeling threatened by someone with more experience??). In the end, very disappointed that we went from great potential to become a totally irrelevant team on the national scene. I was also surprised by his childish behavior and became embarrassed by it. I didn't expect it based on his stint as DC under Solich. In the end, I was shocked how we could end up wt a BC like D at the end of Bo's tenure here. I was expecting top 10 D rankings every year.

I suspect the MR brings us back to respectability in the eyes of the national press and also and more importantly in the eyes of recruits and their families.