CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, we need some local 5 star pastry decorators people! I think that will be the X factor to getting Darnay :bigredn: . I think Grandma Smitty is still in Lincoln. Maybe we can bring in Auntie Beatrice from Ithaca. I hear she is now the best. :D

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2669297-5-star-cb-darnay-holmes-discusses-recruitment-new-off-field-interest

Hell, the Eileens cookie should have put us over the top then!

For what it is worth, I went to Indiana for the game this week and ended up partying off campus with a bunch of IU students. I met a freshman (year older than Darnay) who said he was from Calabasas, and he was gushing about what we were doing in recruiting the school. Said everyone is very impressed, and the guys on the team love Nebraska.

He was also adamant that he was under the impression we had 3 commits from the school so far. He said that is what his friends back home in Keyshawn and Tristan's grade are saying.

• Fire 3

Good report, but that sounds pretty far fetched. No offense. I believe you heard it, just seems ehh...

That's fair - he is legitimately from Calabasas, as I knew the people he was with and checked him out on Facebook haha. Whether or not what recruits say at school is what they're feeling is another story, agreed.

Could always be talking about Hines or Dismuke maybe? /Didn't we offer a 2019 player as well?

Bookie?

Even if he is a silent commit he isn't committing until the 31st of next year. We are really good at losing silent commits too apparently, so lets just don't your hopes up.

Hopes aren't up, was just providing another player that could possibly be the silent commitment from Calabasas.

Could always be talking about Hines or Dismuke maybe? /Didn't we offer a 2019 player as well?

Bookie?

Even if he is a silent commit he isn't committing until the 31st of next year. We are really good at losing silent commits too apparently, so lets just don't your hopes up.

Hopes aren't up, was just providing another player that could possibly be the silent commitment from Calabasas.

I was semi sarcastic with the second part of my post so my bad on that. With him taking visits I doubt its Darnay, but it could be Bookie I just think Bookie loves Nebraska. If Bookie silently commits here and takes visits that's fine, I really think we get Bookie and not Darnay and I am ok with that. The silent commit part was mainly a reference to Dez Fitzpatrick who we lost in 2015, do you know anyone else we have offered from Calabases? If not I would say its gotta be Bookie because Darnay is not as riled up about Nebraska as the others.