CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reading on some other boards, there are a couple different stories going around involving tOSU and Michigan people saying that Darnay is coming here and it's pretty much already final. Now, I don't really believe it at all and think they are just trolling us to get our hopes up. But, with us knowing there is at least one "silent-commit" on top of these rumors, would that not be the absolute biggest proverbial 'middle-finger' to the recruiting services that cover this stuff. Again, I don't think any of it is true and I honestly think he will end up going to Michigan, just thinking about how funny it would be if he decided long ago to do this.

Where are you seeing these rumors?

Pretty sure it is based on an interveiw with McQuitty a couple weeks ago where he was asked who he was rooming with next year and his response was listing a couple current commits and something to the effect of "or someone else but I can't say yet". Many people took that to mean we have a silent commit. While that's possible, it seems more likely to me that it was someone else we are recruiting who may be close to committing but hasn't yet. Not sure though.

Reading on some other boards, there are a couple different stories going around involving tOSU and Michigan people saying that Darnay is coming here and it's pretty much already final. Now, I don't really believe it at all and think they are just trolling us to get our hopes up. But, with us knowing there is at least one "silent-commit" on top of these rumors, would that not be the absolute biggest proverbial 'middle-finger' to the recruiting services that cover this stuff. Again, I don't think any of it is true and I honestly think he will end up going to Michigan, just thinking about how funny it would be if he decided long ago to do this.

Pretty sure it is based on an interveiw with McQuitty a couple weeks ago where he was asked who he was rooming with next year and his response was listing a couple current commits and something to the effect of "or someone else but I can't say yet". Many people took that to mean we have a silent commit. While that's possible, it seems more likely to me that it was someone else we are recruiting who may be close to committing but hasn't yet. Not sure though.

Also, there has been some posters on different boards being told that he is going to Nebraska. One case was the Michigan boards Mods (very possible they were trolling) and another case was a guy that went to the tOSU game and spoke with a guy that is "in the know there". tOSU guy basically said Urb stopped recruiting Darnay because they know he's going to NU. Obviously that is very hard to believe, I was simply bringing up the thought of the silent commit factor because everyone (for good reason) has basically dismissed Nebraska from the running for Darnay and I think it would be the biggest recruiting smoke and mirrors show in history if he would turnout to be the silent commit.

Also, there has been some posters on different boards being told that he is going to Nebraska. One case was the Michigan boards Mods (very possible they were trolling) and another case was a guy that went to the tOSU game and spoke with a guy that is "in the know there". tOSU guy basically said Urb stopped recruiting Darnay because they know he's going to NU. Obviously that is very hard to believe, I was simply bringing up the thought of the silent commit factor because everyone (for good reason) has basically dismissed Nebraska from the running for Darnay and I think it would be the biggest recruiting smoke and mirrors show in history if he would turnout to be the silent commit.
As much as I want to believe it, I just can't :/

That is hard to believe. If the past is any indication, when Ohio State really wants someone, they will recruit all the way up till signing day.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest with Darnay? He has crazy 161K+ views in this post. Nebraska loves him and he has teammates committed here. I can't imagine UCLA is in the running. They have taken a huge fall in the Pac 12, their recruiting for 2017 is poor, and Mora is on the hot seat with an eye always looking at the NFL. Let's keep the Calibraska pipeline going! :bonez

We are out. UCLA is the favorite most likely.

Looks like he will visit Michigan. Hopefully KJJ and Gebbia can still get him to come. By the way, I am a Calabasas alum living in SoCal...UCLA is not good and Mora rumors always swirling. Several Pac 12 teams are on the rise and UCLA is not one of them. I will actually be shocked if he goes there. UCLA crowd left early tonight as USC thumped them.

Michigan and UCLA are rumored to be his front runners. Not sure why we are out but something happened because he took so many visits here and had loved it here. I'm guessing it is non football related. Girlfriend is a year younger and stuck at calibasas one more year before college. He is a homebody and really close to his parents/pro way. He wants a really strong academic school...with a big reputation. He wants to be his own man and do his own thing. He doesn't want people saying he followed Tristan and Keyshawn. All those could be factors... we also have a lot of talent and depth in our secondary right now which is deterring a lot of these DB's. I still think darnay is good enough to start right away though.

It's just a weird deal. I'm guessing a lot more will come out about all this after signing day.

I think the girlfriend is at least 2 years behind him. If she's the issue then Michigan would also be out.

You seem to have a lot of inside information - mind if I ask what you do or how you know?

I have memberships to all the recruiting sites. Also read all the Nebraska papers and follow all the writers following recruiting on twitter. So I just read a lot and then piece info together... a lot of these guys end up being wrong though. they are making guesses off of reading vocal tones/body language/etc.