Gregory tests positive for pot at combine

Amac3309

In general, I am for legalizing it for many reasons. One of the main ones is the money spent trying to inforce it.

I can even see that pot is not as detrimental as alcohol.

However, as someone that was almost killed on the job by someone who was stoned, I won't ever believe there are no negative affects of pot.

In general, I am for legalizing it for many reasons. One of the main ones is the money spent trying to inforce it.

However, as someone that was almost killed on the job by someone who was stoned, I won't ever believe there are no negative affects of pot.

I don't think any of us here think it is alright to be under the influence of any drug while at work or driving whether that drug is alcohol, marijuana or prescription meds.

Stephen A. doesn't know "his coach at Nebraska" ain't at Nebraska no mo'.

It's kinda funny how good Skip and Stephen A. are at always appearing to yell at each other, even when they're agreeing. Wonder how Stephen A.'s rant about how "all these are brothers" went over.

Around the 730 mark he kind of reminded me of Chris Berman doing the home run derby....."back back back back" lol

I don't think any of us here think it is alright to be under the influence of any drug while at work or driving whether that drug is alcohol, marijuana or prescription meds.

Maybe not in this thread but I defiantly have had people try to tell me there are no negative affects.

I don't know everything said earlier but anyways on my way home from vaca driving through tx the sports talk show down there talking about the draft and the Texans/cowboys and spent a lot of time talking about randy. They think he will drop to the 2nd round but still going to be taken high. They Wouldn't be surprised if he still manages to jump in the 1st round. Would be shocked if he got dropped to 4th round like some other good player who tested positive within the last few years (can't think of name). Said randy is a too much of a freak athlete to drop super far and teams will still take the risk. But ultimately he cost himself millions.

To me this is just stupid. Not that Gregory smoked pot. That in 2015 anyone can muster the will to care . . . at all.

No sane person would throw away his talent because he was consuming a non-lethal drug that's already legal in four states, and medicinally legal (which it sounds like might have been his reason for using it in the first place) in about half the country.

Non-story. If I'm a GM, I don't drop his draft status one notch.

If he played any other position other than the big 3 (QB, Tackle, pass rusher), then I'd say he'd probably suffer a significant drop. Personally, outside the top ten would surprise me even. Teams two weeks ago just signed a pair of woman beaters on the exempt list, and there's a fight over a child abuser. It's frickin weed.

To me this is just stupid. Not that Gregory smoked pot. That in 2015 anyone can muster the will to care . . . at all.

No sane person would throw away his talent because he was consuming a non-lethal drug that's already legal in four states, and medicinally legal (which it sounds like might have been his reason for using it in the first place) in about half the country.

Then you're not a very good GM. As long as it's against NFL rules it's a risk to take someone who keeps doing it. It matters not one bit how stupid the rule is or if it's legal in all 50 states. All that matter is that the rule exists. If I'm a GM I have to think of the possibility that he'll test positive on more tests.

yet we sh#t can baseball players for roids? where is there any consistency in any drug or performance enhancing drugs?

Tell that to the GMs that spent millions of dollars on Ricky Williams.

The fact is, this is an indication of possibly two things:

a) He doesn't care about rules and he doesn't think they apply to him.

b) He doesn't have the will power to stop doing something that is against NFL rules long enough to not affect his career.

Those two things can be an indication of personality issues that can lead to much bigger problems in the future. This when the NFL is having an image issue with top players being in the news for the wrong reasons.

However, JUST LIKE ALCOHOL, the taxes the government collects won't begin to cover the Social Security disability, law enforcement costs (unless you think they should legalize driving while stoned), and other societal ills that come with addiction.

What about the costs of incarceration, litigation, recidivism, etc.?

It's interesting that a person can legally* purchase and smoke weed in Colo and Washington, yet be subject to sanctions by the NFL. It's not like the NFL is a U.S. state and can pass its own laws as to what is, or isn't legal. I wonder if the NFL allows players to use medical marijuana? Not that any of them would, but it seems like the NFL would have a policy in place for that.

* Legal under state law.

(WARNING - This rant will almost belong in the "Why can't Black People Get Ahead" in the Political forums)....

Stephen A. doesn't know "his coach at Nebraska" ain't at Nebraska no mo'.

It's kinda funny how good Skip and Stephen A. are at always appearing to yell at each other, even when they're agreeing. Wonder how Stephen A.'s rant about how "all these are brothers" went over.

As a hard working (not part of the 10.4 unemployed African-Americans in US), tax paying (not part of the 21% who don't pay taxes), home owning (am part of the 47% of African-Americans who own their homes), married (not part of the 49% of African-American men who aren't married) father of two (not part of the 72% of African-American fathers who had children out of wedlock), I agree with Stephen A. Smith and I understand exactly where he's coming from.

You have to be a part of the African-American community, unfortunately, to hear and understand his plight. You see, we, as men in the African-American community, have a problem. The problem gets worse and worse every single year.

I had this conversation just Saturday with my wife. We went to a beauty shop so she could get some hair products. I, of course, waited in the car. But as I waited there, I observed the number of people that were coming in and out of that shop. The shop is owned by a Korean family.

But then, I PERSONALLY get blasted by some in the African-American community complain about me not putting $$$ back into the community?

Here, I see this case with Randy Gregory. He's got a scholarship to the University of Nebraska, and can fulfill his dream of making millions of dollars and playing football at the highest level. And he is practically smoking it away.

But then, I PERSONALLY get called an 'Uncle Tom' for speaking out on this kind of behavior (for the record, Stephen A has been called that a million times over)?

I served my country honorably. I use my VA loan to purchase a house in West Omaha for my family and I. We love it out there. I've left my door wide open, keys in the car a few times. Nobody has bothered anything. Heck, even had my neighbor (who he playfully calls me his 'brother from another mother', and yes, he's a White guy) come by and get me acquainted with the neighborhood. My two girls can play outside and I know they're safe.

But then, I PERSONALLY get called a "sadiddy two shoes" that lives out West and thinks I'm too good to come back North?

I needed some work done on my house last year - some siding damage repaired. I looked for the most reputable guys I could go with. Ended up going with the sellers's roofing company, they did a great job. Was asked about working with a 'vendor of color', but when I checked, most aren't licensed and bonded to do the work.

But then, I PERSONALLY am told how I've forgotten where I've come from because I give the "OTHER PEOPLE" my money?

Trust me. I know EXACTLY where Stephen A. is coming from. And we're both tired, so tired of the same old s**t.

• Fire 4