RIP Adrian Fiala

This was such crushing news. I SO enjoyed Adrian on KFAB broadcasting the Husker games with Matt Davidson and Greg Sharpe and of course his analysis of the games on Big Red Wrap Up with Kevin Kugler. He will be missed. I was listening to 1620 The Zone on the way home from work tonight and the guys were talking about the first time they had met Adrian and how he made them feel like he had been working with these new guys for 20 years! They said he was so knowlegable about the game of football and his attention to detail was second to none.

My prayers are with his family this evening. :(

Sad day... I'm going to miss that familiar voice. Adrian was for my generation, something like Lyell was for the generations before us. He was an ingrained part of gamedays.

Sad day... I'm going to miss that familiar voice. Adrian was, for my generation, something like Lyell was for the generations before us. He was an ingrained part of gamedays.

Loved listening to him during games back when he was stilling the color guy. As above, his "YEAH!!" on Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass was so passionate. The first time I really listened to a game on the radio was 2000 Notre Dame. It was really the first time I was unable to watch a game, first job and all. Anyway, I remember the call of the game winning TD. I remember Sharpe saying that we were in I formation, and the ball was snapped, I didn't know what was happening, but I knew we won when I heard Fiala yell "YEAH!!!" before anyone could say that we scored a TD. I never thought that I'd be excited not watching a game, but his love of the Huskers made it easy.

I always loved that passion, since it matched mine.

On top of that, he was incredibly respectful. I didn't know him, but you could tell. Especially after Bo was fired. While other talkin' heads were saying "About time!!" and jumping on the "Finally GONE!!" boat. He stated his criticisms, but also made a point to point out positives of Bo and his tenure.

RIP

• Fire 2

Rest in peace. Only five years older than me. Tick-Tock.

Every person's clock is different. Just be sure you use your time wisely and to benefit the next generation. :)

And RIP Mr. Fiala. You are a credit to your school, the state, and humankind.