Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

ESPN updated their ESPN300 today, but POB didn't make the cut. He is a 4* and the #16 rated pocket QB.

Yeah I looked at the pocket passer QBs on ESPN and number 13-20 all have a four star 80 overall rating. None of them made the ESPN 300 so POB and the rest didn't make it probably because most of the pocket QBs have the same rating. Also, if they gave one of those players an ESPN 300 all of them would have to get one I guess according to ESPNs rankings.

• 2 weeks later...

Who are the No. 1 candidates?

Outside of Eason, LSU commit Feleipe Franks and Ole Miss commit Shea Patterson are probably the only two quarterbacks that can further position themselves for the No. 1 QB ranking based on this setting. There are plenty of other quarterbacks that could ultimately top the rankings by signing day but drastic shifts based on a 7on7 event are unlikely. Can Franks and Patterson further walk Eason down?
Who else can get into the conversation? Brandon Peters was one of the most impressive quarterbacks to me at The Opening semifinals and Messiah deWeaver has wowed the Elite 11 staff. Patrick O'Brien has climbed the ranks more steadily than anyone this offseason. Can any of those prospects or the other 12 quarterbacks in Oregon shove themselves into the conversation as the nation's top arm?
Who is this year's Brad Kaaya or Deshaun Watson?
Feleipe Franks enters the Elite 11 as the no. 1 dual-threat QB in the country. (Photo: 247Sports)
Based on one season's sample size, Brad Kaaya and Deshaun Watson look like the early favorites to be the top arms to emerge from the 2014 class. Both were highly regarded and ranked inside the Top100 on 247Sports. Both had good showings at the Elite 11 Finals but were by no one's definition spectacular. But those guys had a presence about them, a quiet confidence and they never seemed to look overwhelmed or out of sync. And they were steady.
There are a lot of candidates with that kind of profile in the 2015 version of the Elite 11 but two that I think have some Kaaya and Watson upside would be Penn State commit Jake Zembiec and Nebraska commit Patrick O'Brien. They're currently ranked as four-stars inside the Top247 but they're the type of players that I could see having similar Elite 11 weeks to Watson and Kaaya and similar college trajectories.

Link

Good for him. Good to hear. Stanton was a stud at that camp. Perhaps could have won it if he finished it. After seeing him bomb out at NU I'll just be hopeful this guy gets to campus and gets coached and developed so he stays an Elite 11 type QB. Hopefully, he doesn't finish up at Nebraska ... seeing his stock rise for the NFL his season year having come off two amazing years at Nebraska and a National Championship helping the Huskers restore the order! I'd rather see this then a transfer in a few years. :-)