Another Husker problem with weed?

I wonder what fraud claims they were investigating when they found weed.

https://scsapps.unl.edu/policereports/IncidentDetails.aspx?id=15001089

A UNL student reported having his wallet lost/stolen at the Campus Rec center on 3-5-15. Upon viewing his on-line back account, the student realized a fraudulent purchase had been made on his account. Total loss $341.44. Investigation continues.

Thanks! I did not see that.

So pot is a gateway drug...to fraud?

Naw. Gateway to bike theft.

Ha! Nice!

I don't remember a lot of pot in the dorms but there sure could have been. I do remember that on Fridays you could basically hear everyone backpack making clanging sounds while filled with beer cans and bottles as they brought in the fun-juice.

So pot is a gateway drug...to fraud?

Naw. Gateway to bike theft.

Ha! Nice!

I don't remember a lot of pot in the dorms but there sure could have been. I do remember that on Fridays you could basically hear everyone backpack making clanging sounds while filled with beer cans and bottles as they brought in the fun-juice.

I agree. Drinking has always gone hand in hand with college for some of us anyway. I think pot use has always been there too but maybe is a little more prevalent now. I'm in my 40's though so I could be wrong on the pot thing since it's been a little bit since I went to school.

039_john_belushi-300x450.jpg

I wonder what fraud claims they were investigating when they found weed.

https://scsapps.unl.edu/policereports/IncidentDetails.aspx?id=15001089

A UNL student reported having his wallet lost/stolen at the Campus Rec center on 3-5-15. Upon viewing his on-line back account, the student realized a fraudulent purchase had been made on his account. Total loss $341.44. Investigation continues.[/size]

Yikes. That is bad.

I'm in my mid 20s and pot wasn't that big of a deal during my college years

Very common, but not considered a "big deal" or problem now a days by college kids.

*Yes in college. No have never smoked.

I'm the same age as Hedley, and we had more weed in high school than we did in college. But there was definitely weed, it just wasn't that big of a deal.

Pot was a big deal in college in the late 1960s & throughout the 1970s. Harder drugs like heroin and cocaine had a brief heyday in the 1980s, but mostly it's been back to booze as the main "drug" of choice on campuses since then.

Pot has always been a big deal in high school. Teens think it's instant cred, so while the "cool" kids are drinking their dad's beer and the "edgy" kids are into their dad's liquor, the "tough" kids smoke the ganj. It's been that way in high school forever.

That's not to say pot isn't still a big deal on campus. It is - at least, as big a deal there as it is anywhere. Lawyers, dishwashers, doctors and grocery clerks smoke pot. So do a lot of college athletes, unfortunately.

I'm not going to get into a big diatribe against pot. I smoked it back in the day, it shouldn't be illegal, yadda yadda yadda.

But these guys know it's against team rules, outlawed by the NCAA, and (at this point) still illegal everywhere else. It's a dumb kid mistake to think they can smoke this stuff without repercussions, and I hate to see that. The girl on the WBB team, Randy Gregory, now these guys... it's just a mess. Kids being kids.

• Fire 3