Recent Recruit Offerings

Ok, just so I'm clear; you guys are freaking out about kids getting OFFERS in MAY? These kids haven't COMMITTED to Nebraska, most of them probably won't be Huskers and these OFFERS are somehow an indictment of Coach Riley's recruiting ability in the first few months of him being the coach here.

We talkin' bout offers? Offers? Not commits, not commits, we talkin' bout offers? Man.......OFFERS?

Plus, these kids haven't played their SENIOR season yet. No way a kid could get better between his Junior and Senior year!!![sarcasm]

How about we give Coach Riley and Co. more than 6 months before saying they can't recruit at a high level, or assume that we'll have recruiting classes that look "Beavery", whatever that's suppose to mean. Let's pick a date to judge the 2016 class, hey February 2016 sounds pretty good. Especially after guys like Patrick O'Brien, Quayshon Alexander, Xavier Kelly, Matt Farniok, Isaiah Simmons, Amani Bledsoe, and Garret Rand are Huskers.

• Fire 1

Ok, just so I'm clear; you guys are freaking out about kids getting OFFERS in MAY? These kids haven't COMMITTED to Nebraska, most of them probably won't be Huskers and these OFFERS are somehow an indictment of Coach Riley's recruiting ability in the first few months of him being the coach he

We talkin' bout offers? Offers? Not commits, we talkin' bout offers? Man.......OFFERS?

Plus, these kids haven't played their SENIOR season yet. No way a kid could get better between his Junior and Senior year!!![saracasm]

How about we give Coach Riley and Co. more than 6 months before saying they can't recruit at a high level, or assume that we'll have recruiting classes that look "Beavery", whatever that's suppose to mean. Let's pick a date to judge the 2016 class, hey February 2016 sounds pretty good. Especially after guys like Patrick O'Brien, Quayshon Alexander, Xavier Kelly, Matt Farniok, Isaiah Simmons, Amani Bledsoe, and Garret Rand are Huskers.

Agreed. A lot of people are getting worried over nothing...way too earlier to judge the staff now.. let it play out atleast a recruiting cycle before everyone calls them out

It's May. What else is there to talk about besides recruiting? So of course it will be heavily scrutinized. I don't think anybody was crossing the line, just showing concern. Bo's tenure proves just how important the first couple of classes can be.

Yep!

Bo showed us that you kind of "are what you are" at recruiting. His classes were pretty much all the same as far as rankings go. He might have got a little better at recruiting but not much.

We just want to see MR not being as Beaverly. That is it.

Ok, just so I'm clear; you guys are freaking out about kids getting OFFERS in MAY? These kids haven't COMMITTED to Nebraska, most of them probably won't be Huskers and these OFFERS are somehow an indictment of Coach Riley's recruiting ability in the first few months of him being the coach he

We talkin' bout offers? Offers? Not commits, we talkin' bout offers? Man.......OFFERS?

Plus, these kids haven't played their SENIOR season yet. No way a kid could get better between his Junior and Senior year!!![saracasm]

Agreed. A lot of people are getting worried over nothing...way too earlier to judge the staff now.. let it play out atleast a recruiting cycle before everyone calls them out

We just have a lot of star gazers on this sight! With social media, kids are more informed. Riley is new and must prove that he can be a winner at Nebraska.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much for profiles that I can find. Scout lists him as a TE. His Hudl page says WR & OLB. Not sure what position we're recruiting him for.

I wonder who are his other five offers.
Scout shows 3 others.
From Pope's Twitter feed, his seven offers are (in reverse chronological order) Nebraska, Army, Jacksonville State, Furman University, Georgia Southern University, Austin Peay State University, and Navy.

In other words this kid is a reach.
Still a reach now that OklahomaSt, Mississippi state have offered?
  • Fire 1

Michigan got a 2*/unrated LB over the weekend. His other offers were from Alabama St, Georgia St, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville St, Memphis, South Alabama, and Troy. He is from Prattville, AL (90 miles from Tuscaloosa and 70 miles from Auburn).

Bama, Auburn, or at least 1 SEC school would for sure have known about him "this late in the cycle"? This kid can't be any good, right?

Have those schools offered him?

It doesn't mean the kid can't be any good, it just typically means the odds of a two star kid without an impressive offer list turning into a major player are much, much lower. Michigan also recruits at a high level, and now that they have a real coach this should mask some of the weakness they have on the roster, like two star recruits.

Nebraska doesn't have that luxury.

Michigan got a 2*/unrated LB over the weekend. His other offers were from Alabama St, Georgia St, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville St, Memphis, South Alabama, and Troy. He is from Prattville, AL (90 miles from Tuscaloosa and 70 miles from Auburn).

Bama, Auburn, or at least 1 SEC school would for sure have known about him "this late in the cycle"? This kid can't be any good, right?

But what's his 40 time?

That seems like a heck of a double standard.

I don't think so. Michigan recruits at a much higher level than we do. While it's not recommended, they can hedge some of the risk they're taking by also recruiting multiple 4 star players.

Nebraska, meanwhile, does not recruit at the same level and therefore cannot afford to be as risky with recruiting.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course the other possibility is these are a bunch of un-committable offers. With how many guys are saying we've barely talked to them before offering, I'm starting to think that is a very real possibility. As long as we're being honest with them, I guess that's OK. But I'm not a fan. An un-committable offer really isn't an offer at all so I don't get the point.

One of the recruiting guys confirmed that we are putting out un-committable offers. Those have always seemed odd to me because it's basically not an offer at all. But I would assume that if the reports know that, at least the recruits know it as well.