2015 Nebraska Football Team Captains

Four of the 6 are also juniors

Good catch, I hadn't noticed that.

My wife was browsing facebook on her phone when she told me they announced captains. I guessed Armstrong and 'camp, but drew a blank after that.

Where's Sam Foltz!?

Friggin thing was RIGGED!

I too am disappointed Sam Foltz isn't one of them, but maybe he's not the leader type, just a bad-a$$

Not gonna lie, I was worried about Alex Lewis after his incident at Colorado. That was a pretty serious incident, and he seemed to learn his lesson. I knew he had the potential to be a good football player, but I never would have guessed he'd be a captain.

I think Gangwish is the big surprise here. Happy he is, but surprised

Not surprised at all. Like BRB said, I'd be shocked if he wasn't selected. Matter of fact, I hope guys, including the other captains, learn from him and try to be more like Gangwish.

This tidbit from an article in the OWH is exactly what I mean: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/jack-gangwish-up-for-challenge-of-trying-to-replace-husker/article_cffb8d1c-6eca-5e2b-9cf4-3be7c990d9d1.html?mode=jqm

Sometimes you just got to bring the juice, Gangwish said. If Im the guy thats going to be out there and screaming and celebrating, and getting guys worked up, then thats what Im going to do. I found myself being more of a vocal presence out there, and I roll with it. Im a screamer and I party out there.

We need guys who walk the walk AND talk the talk. Leading by example is something we constantly heard about some of the team leaders in recent history and that's great, we need guy who lead by example. You know what's better though, a guy who does both. He does the right things and he gets everybody's attention with his actions AND his words, holds people accountable, and rallies the troops when things aren't going right. Leading by example just isn't good enough sometimes.

I want to see a little more passion and fire out there. Not just when things are going bad, but when things are going great also. I want to see the kids having fun again and slapping each other around when their teammate makes a hell of a play, but I also want to see guys pissed off when somebody like Melvin Gordon is making them look like a bunch of pussies. Even Maliek Collins acknowledged while that was happening, he never said a word.

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/football-huskers-pick-six-captains-for-team/article_642bdfc4-9cff-58c6-a8a5-121a1a63fe35.html?mobile_touch=true

As Collins shared this spring, one of his biggest regrets is he didn't speak up last year during the mess in Wisconsin when Melvin Gordon ran wild.

"How could it not still be eating at me?" Collins said. "I could've said something."

The coach doesn't always need to be the guy flipping out on the sideline. These players have to hold each other to a higher standard. Like I said, I hope they already know that and are doing so right this minute. Four losses is not good enough. It's become the standard. Time for that to change.

• Fire 1

I think Gangwish is the big surprise here. Happy he is, but surprised

Not surprised at all. Like BRB said, I'd be shocked if he wasn't selected. Matter of fact, I hope guys, including the other captains, learn from him and try to be more like Gangwish.

This tidbit from an article in the OWH is exactly what I mean: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/jack-gangwish-up-for-challenge-of-trying-to-replace-husker/article_cffb8d1c-6eca-5e2b-9cf4-3be7c990d9d1.html?mode=jqm

Sometimes you just got to bring the juice, Gangwish said. If Im the guy thats going to be out there and screaming and celebrating, and getting guys worked up, then thats what Im going to do. I found myself being more of a vocal presence out there, and I roll with it. Im a screamer and I party out there.

We need guys who walk the walk AND talk the talk. Leading by example is something we constantly heard about some of the team leaders in recent history and that's great, we need guy who lead by example. You know what's better though, a guy who does both. He does the right things and he gets everybody's attention with his actions AND his words, holds people accountable, and rallies the troops when things aren't going right. Leading by example just isn't good enough sometimes.

I want to see a little more passion and fire out there. Not just when things are going bad, but when things are going great also. I want to see the kids having fun again and slapping each other around when their teammate makes a hell of a play, but I also want to see guys pissed off when somebody like Melvin Gordon is making them look like a bunch of pussies. Even Maliek Collins acknowledged while that was happening, he never said a word.

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/football-huskers-pick-six-captains-for-team/article_642bdfc4-9cff-58c6-a8a5-121a1a63fe35.html?mobile_touch=true

As Collins shared this spring, one of his biggest regrets is he didn't speak up last year during the mess in Wisconsin when Melvin Gordon ran wild.

"How could it not still be eating at me?" Collins said. "I could've said something."

The coach doesn't always need to be the guy flipping out on the sideline. These players have to hold each other to a higher standard. Like I said, I hope they already know that and are doing so right this minute. Four losses is not good enough. It's become the standard. Time for that to change.

Exactly! Four losses needs to GTFO! I stand by it, this is a one loss team this year. Better coaching, better development, better SC (I hope!) and players that are not going to be scared to play fast on defense.

• 3 weeks later...