WR Brian Hightower [Miami - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

35 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hightower commit?

• Nebraska
    • Alabama
    • Tennessee
    • Arizona State
    • Clemson
    • Florida State
    • West Virginia
    • UCLA
    • Oregon
    • Notre Dame
    • Miami
    • Mississippi

This poll is closed to new votes

So I get Miami is a legit Power. But how much cash did they pay out this past weekend to get Hightower? Also to get Pledger and Bookie somewhat interested apparently.

Did you say/think the same when we landed Tyjon or Blades?
No because we have hired legit recruiters... and MR has been willing to go after big fish HARD. Bo wasn't.
I am sure Miami has legit recruiters and are obviously going after big fish hard.

What's the difference when they land a top guy vs us?

• Fire 3

So I get Miami is a legit Power. But how much cash did they pay out this past weekend to get Hightower? Also to get Pledger and Bookie somewhat interested apparently.

No because we have hired legit recruiters... and MR has been willing to go after big fish HARD. Bo wasn't.
I am sure Miami has legit recruiters and are obviously going after big fish hard.

It's actually more likely that they do.

My point is that they landed a guy I didn't think was interested in them out of the blue and then they suddenly have Pledger and Bookie interested it appears in a Keyshawn Jr. Type of a way.

My point is that they landed a guy I didn't think was interested in them out of the blue and then they suddenly have Pledger and Bookie interested it appears in a Keyshawn Jr. Type of a way.

Miami probably has better strip clubs and beaches than Lincoln.. just a guess tho. Not that an 18 yr old kid would be interested in those things.

I don't get that sense w/Pledger and Bookie. All Pledger has tweeted about in the last day and half is NE, and Bookie is fair about spreading the love, but we get a VERY heavy dose from him.

Also it doesn't matter if Miami is up or down kids still want to play there.

I agree, it's a power.

My real point was that it seemed like a sudden swing.

When you visit a power it makes you think about going there. After FNL last year we thought we would land every big fish in California. It doesn't mean that we paid them.

Also it doesn't matter if Miami is up or down kids still want to play there.

Agree....I honestly never understood how it took them so long to finally become a power in the 80s. Seriously.....what kid wouldn't take a long hard look at going to Miami to play football and go to school?
Because believe it or not before the 80s they were considered an academic institution and weren't that concerned about football. I don't think it was until they changed admission standards that they started getting the type of kids they won with.
  • 5 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Brian Hightower [Miami - Signed LOI]