***2018 Recruiting***

57 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Visited UCF in high school.  Former teammate of Mo Barry.  

Eligibility up in the air pending NCAA ruling on Shea Patterson.

Sounds like we just need to sell him on his visit and he’ll just stay for 2nd semester. Visit runs up to start of it.

Battling Wisky.

Only question is if he has to sit a year.

Edited by ScottyIce
On 12/28/2017 at 3:40 PM, Mavric said:

We currently have 14 commits.  Frost says the number is 20.  With Lee gone, we could sign 22.

Now can sign up to 23 with Gates gone (includes the +3).  Wouldn't be surprised to see us get the 25* if the staff wants to get that high, as I am guessing there could be a couple more departures we may hear about in the next few weeks.

*25 would include transfers into the program (Dixon, Vedral??)

I would also assume that we would be on the market for grad transfers at positions of big need (OT for instance).

Edited by Red Five
  • Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Now can sign up to 23 with Gates gone (includes the +3).  Wouldn't be surprised to see us get the 25* if the staff wants to get that high, as I am guessing there could be a couple more departures we may hear about in the next few weeks.

*25 would include transfers into the program (Dixon, Vedral??)

I would also assume that we would be on the market for grad transfers at positions of big need (OT for instance).

If Vedral was coming you would think we wouldn't be after a 2nd QB in this class.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Is there any actual smoke to Vedral?

And if there is, maybe we lose more than Lee?

I wouldn’t hold my breath with Vedral.

Breon Dixon originally committed to Georgia before ending up at Ole Miss.  Had a who’s who of football offer list.  Would take in a heartbeat.  As others have said the Shea Patterson decision will set the standard

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Said he's mainly considering Nebraska and Wisconsin and will probably visit both but not sure if he'll visit Wisconsin.

Yes, that's what he said.

Visiting here next weekend.  Also trained with Eric Johnson.

Yeah, not calling anyone out at all, but his visit to us would have to be a major bust for him to not end up here. 

I believe he couldn’t enroll at Nebraska if he takes that visit to Wisconsin, right? Too late in the semester?

sort of similar situation to Honas, right?

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Said he's mainly considering Nebraska and Wisconsin and will probably visit both but not sure if he'll visit Wisconsin.

Yes, that's what he said.

Visiting here next weekend.  Also trained with Eric Johnson.

Thought it was telling that said if he decided the OV weekend of the 12th that he'll probably just end up staying here. That would be an exciting get with a year of college under his belt. Hope that waiver would go through! If not, could he use that redshirt during the transfer year?

52 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Thought it was telling that said if he decided the OV weekend of the 12th that he'll probably just end up staying here. That would be an exciting get with a year of college under his belt. Hope that waiver would go through! If not, could he use that redshirt during the transfer year?

Yup he said if he likes the visit he'll likely just enroll Monday. Yes could RS and not lose a year.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Being that the last day for students to register for the spring semester is 1/16, if he leaves he after his visit then he isn't coming.

If he stays does he just crash on Mo Berry's couch for the rest of the semester?

I'm sure they will figure something out for him lol