SIGNED - RB Jordan Stevenson

OK....First, I really hope we get him (it's sounding like we did). You can never have too many stud athletes like this.

However, I'm scratching my head on the people predicting that he is going to make an immediate impact.

We have currently:

2012 Cross 3,3,4,3 star

2013 Taylor 3,4,3,4 star

2013 Newby 4,4,4,4 star

2014 Wilbon 4,4,3,3 star

2015 Ozigbo 3,3,3,3 star

Now, I know Stevenson is 4,4,4,4 star. But, we have all these very talented backs who have been in the program, weight room...etc. and some have college playing experience already. Obviously he is a very talented player. But, he has some pretty good competition to pass before he sees major playing time as a true freshman.

PS...I know I haven't seen many (if any) predicting this on this thread. But, over the weekend I remember seeing some media people with tweets saying he could be a major impact player this fall.

OK....First, I really hope we get him (it's sounding like we did). You can never have too many stud athletes like this.

However, I'm scratching my head on the people predicting that he is going to make an immediate impact.

We have currently:

2012 Cross 3,3,4,3 star

2013 Taylor 3,4,3,4 star

2013 Newby 4,4,4,4 star

2014 Wilbon 4,4,3,3 star

2015 Ozigbo 3,3,3,3 star

Now, I know Stevenson is 4,4,4,4 star. But, we have all these very talented backs who have been in the program, weight room...etc. and some have college playing experience already. Obviously he is a very talented player. But, he has some pretty good competition to pass before he sees major playing time as a true freshman.

PS...I know I haven't seen many (if any) predicting this on this thread. But, over the weekend I remember seeing some media people with tweets saying he could be a major impact player this fall.

It is just the new shiny toy...you know how it goes. The new "thing" is better.

• Fire 1

We have some good competition at the position, for sure -- but not even a returning feature back. So it has to be up in the air to a certain extent.

I do agree, though: Cross, Taylor, Newby, Wilbon, add in Jordan Nelson and maybe another walk-on, you have a lot of names and bodies to the point where you'd probably like to redshirt a true freshman, if you could.

However, he won't have the biggest hurdle to cross to playing time either.

Am I crazy, or did we not lose a major RB commit from the 2015 class after Bo was fired, who was widely expected to be in the mix as a true freshman?

We have some good competition at the position, for sure -- but not even a returning feature back. So it has to be up in the air to a certain extent.

I do agree, though: Cross, Taylor, Newby, Wilbon, add in Jordan Nelson and maybe another walk-on, you have a lot of names and bodies to the point where you'd probably like to redshirt a true freshman, if you could.

However, he won't have the biggest hurdle to cross to playing time either.

Am I crazy, or did we not lose a major RB commit from the 2015 class after Bo was fired, who was widely expected to be in the mix as a true freshman?

Bussey

• Fire 1

We have currently:

2012 Cross 3,3,4,3 star

2013 Taylor 3,4,3,4 star

2013 Newby 4,4,4,4 star

2014 Wilbon 4,4,3,3 star

2015 Ozigbo 3,3,3,3 star

That sure seems like the issue to me. The new guy is always better than what we have.

I personally am really excited about the RBs on our roster right now. I think we have some extremely talented players that were overshadowed by AA. Now that they have the opportunity to be "the guy", I think we are going to be very pleasantly surprised as to what we have.

And, I'm excited to possibly get this kid too.

That sure seems like the issue to me. The new guy is always better than what we have.

I personally am really excited about the RBs on our roster right now. I think we have some extremely talented players that were overshadowed by AA. Now that they have the opportunity to be "the guy", I think we are going to be very pleasantly surprised as to what we have.

Yeah, who knows? Going just on high school film, I think Adam Taylor is the only one close to Stevenson's level of talent, but that doesn't mean jack.

We have currently:

2012 Cross 3,3,4,3 star

2013 Taylor 3,4,3,4 star

2013 Newby 4,4,4,4 star

2014 Wilbon 4,4,3,3 star

2015 Ozigbo 3,3,3,3 star

I absolutely love the situation NU has at running back. It's always nice to have returning starters like an AA, but having these guys, Newby, Taylor, Wilbon, Cross, Stevenson, Ozigbo, Nelson. It just creates a crazy competition that only pushes (or should) them to new levels because of how bad they want to get on the field.

1 or 2 may transfer, and honestly I expect Ozigbo to redshirt, and Stevenson unless he's the clear cut starter.

These are the situations NU needs to have at multiple positions.