SIGNED - RB Jordan Stevenson

I believe we told Ozigbo that because we didn't have any open scholarships available to grab another RB at the time. The staff was hard pressed to get some LBs and didn't want to spend a scholarship on another RB when we need help at other positions. Now that we have room, we can afford to take a kid like Stevenson whether it pisses Ozigbo off or not.

Jordon is a 2015 recruit & Devine is a 2016. Both are different style of running backs.

Devine the 2015 recruit who is now on campus. Aphonso Thomas is our RB in the 2016 class.

Don't think there is any ddisloyalty, You have to stock up on talent if it presents itself. Toughen up buttercup!

Twitter is a terrible thing, these kids need to keep their mouth shut, they do themselves no favors.

If we told him he was the only RB we'd take, that's pretty much the definition of disloyalty.

I'm not against stocking up but then don't tell guys they'll be the only one.

• Fire 2

I believe we told Ozigbo that because we didn't have any open scholarships available to grab another RB at the time. The staff was hard pressed to get some LBs and didn't want to spend a scholarship on another RB when we need help at other positions. Now that we have room, we can afford to take a kid like Stevenson whether it pisses Ozigbo off or not.

Jordon is a 2015 recruit & Devine is a 2016. Both are different style of running backs.

Devine is in the same class as jordan. Also worth noting that Ozigbo and stevenson's high schools are half an hour apart.

what about 2016 commit RB commit? Do we now tell him he might want to start looking other places if we do land Jordan? I do feel for Devine, we did say he was our only RB we'd take, but things happen. This wasn't a signing day back handed deal we made. We never expected to have this kid, I think Riley can smooth it over fairly easily

Don't think there is any ddisloyalty, You have to stock up on talent if it presents itself. Toughen up buttercup!

Twitter is a terrible thing, these kids need to keep their mouth shut, they do themselves no favors.

If we told him he was the only RB we'd take, that's pretty much the definition of disloyalty.

I'm not against stocking up but then don't tell guys they'll be the only one.

As BigRed said above, we kept our word, signing day has passed long ago, this is a situation that just came up. If Riley had ignored it, most husker fans would not have been to happy about it. Stuff happens, the other runningbacks will have to deal with it. {if we get him signed}

Yeah, I can see both sides. Devine was really excited to commit here, too. It's a shame. This is all of a sudden not quite the same opportunity for him as he understood it when he signed away his rights.

From another angle, the situation has changed for Nebraska between then and now. More scholarship spots have opened up. When there is a strong, interested candidate to fill one of the recently opened spots, they have to try and fill it.

Colleges follow the recruiting rules and recruiting calendar to try to assemble the best possible teams. This is clearly a process that is skewed heavily against player interests, in favor of the team's interest. It's unfortunate.

In an ideal world, if they end up landing Stevenson then maybe Devine should have the option to go elsewhere if he chooses, no penalty. But that's not this world.

Devine the 2015 recruit who is now on campus. Aphonso Thomas is our RB in the 2016 class.

My bad!

Here is the difference with the two recruitments

Nebraska-Mike Riley and co are after him and are telling him he has a chance to play this year. He favors us because we have less than 85 scholarships which means he has a spot on the team.

Alabama- Lots of ifs for them if kenyon Drake goes pro if Derrick Henry goes pro lots of factors that are out of Alabamas control and not both of them will go to the NFL I think. Also Alabama has zero scholarships available which means either he gets cut or someone else can get cut.

Advantage Nebraska 65 percent chance we get him 35 percent chance Alabama gets him.

This is beyond the recruitment promises to Ozigbo. Honestly, NU is trying to win football games. Putting the best teams together they can. If Stevenson can help, then Ozigbo needs to be on board with it.

To me, if Ozigbo doesn't like it, then it kind of goes to show that he's more of a "me" person than a "we" person. That is NEVER good for team chemisty.

• Fire 1

This is beyond the recruitment promises to Ozigbo. Honestly, NU is trying to win football games. Putting the best teams together they can. If Stevenson can help, then Ozigbo needs to be on board with it.

To me, if Ozigbo doesn't like it, then it kind of goes to show that he's more of a "me" person than a "we" person. That is NEVER good for team chemisty.

I got not problems with this or with cutting kids or running kids off. None at all. Do what you need to do to win.