Making Sense of the RB Position

Here is what they are saying about Stevenson to Nebraska over at a Wisconsin board "Buckyville dot yuku dot com"

As I understand it. Nebraska has been trying to improve it's academic reputation since joining the B10. Doesn't this scream 'We care less about academics'?

Just awesome, we'll be going against him every year and possibly this October in Lincoln.

If there's one good thing about this, it's that him and his talent will be shoved in our face every time we play them and maybe more people will get pissed off about it and request that we give kids the same chance other "like minded schools" are giving. Let's stop playing with one hand tied behind our back while throwing at a moving target that has the scoring lines drawn on after the darts are thrown.

Ugh. Alabama would almost have been the lesser of two evils. The thing that really chaps me is that Jordan so badly wanted to be a Badger. He committed when we didn't have a coach. I believe he even got a Motion W tattoo. And now he's going to...Nebraska. A team we play every year. It's going to suck REALLY BAD if he becomes the next Montee Ball or Melvin Gordon.

Maybe he will only be A mere Abdullah when Nebby plays Sconnie!

I was over on buckyville reading some of this also. I usually only go to there leftover board the have some funny stuff on it. Anyway, some of them are kind of upset he didn't get into Whiskey while others are saying they won't lower their standards to let him in. etc. It is pretty well split from what I can tell. Whiskey grads to tend to think their degree is of a greater value than most and the definitely look down on Nebraska in that respect.

I think Newby will be the man, with the others sharing carries behind him.

I will say that our o-line is going to have to improve regardless of who the running back is. The only time our running game was really good last year was when Ameer was in (although Newby showed some flashes). He had the ability to make guys miss and find space where none really existed. In fact, the last few running backs were really good at this (Ameer, Burkhead, Helu). Hopefully Cavanaugh can coach 'em up.

• Fire 1

Even if we can only have Stevenson start one game, I want it to be against Wisconsin, and I want to not ever call a passing play, and I want him to hang 500+ yards on them, and I want the crowd to sing "NA NA NAAA NAAAA, HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE" as we blow them out 71-0.

Is that too much to ask?

I'm good with all of this. And if I could give you all my +1's for today I would. :D

• Fire 1

Even if we can only have Stevenson start one game, I want it to be against Wisconsin, and I want to not ever call a passing play, and I want him to hang 500+ yards on them, and I want the crowd to sing "NA NA NAAA NAAAA, HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE" as we blow them out 71-0.

Is that too much to ask?

If we beat Wisconsin 71-0 this year, they will still have outscored us by 31 points in the five games (counting 2015) we've played against them since joining the Big Ten.

That's pretty sobering, even so, a 71-0 drubbing would go a long way towards evening that scorecard.

Stevenson calling Davis to confirm his role on the team has me intrigued.

I suspect The Staff has some big plans to get him on the field right away. Talent like that shouldn't be wasting away on the bench. Get him out there.

I like your use of capitalization here. Well done.

Here is what they are saying about Stevenson to Nebraska over at a Wisconsin board "Buckyville dot yuku dot com"

As I understand it. Nebraska has been trying to improve it's academic reputation since joining the B10. Doesn't this scream 'We care less about academics'?

Just awesome, we'll be going against him every year and possibly this October in Lincoln.

If there's one good thing about this, it's that him and his talent will be shoved in our face every time we play them and maybe more people will get pissed off about it and request that we give kids the same chance other "like minded schools" are giving. Let's stop playing with one hand tied behind our back while throwing at a moving target that has the scoring lines drawn on after the darts are thrown.

Ugh. Alabama would almost have been the lesser of two evils. The thing that really chaps me is that Jordan so badly wanted to be a Badger. He committed when we didn't have a coach. I believe he even got a Motion W tattoo. And now he's going to...Nebraska. A team we play every year. It's going to suck REALLY BAD if he becomes the next Montee Ball or Melvin Gordon.

I was over on buckyville reading some of this also. I usually only go to there leftover board the have some funny stuff on it. Anyway, some of them are kind of upset he didn't get into Whiskey while others are saying they won't lower their standards to let him in. etc. It is pretty well split from what I can tell. Whiskey grads to tend to think their degree is of a greater value than most and the definitely look down on Nebraska in that respect.

Growing up in the heart of Big Ten Country I never heard one person that I grew up with or older people say anything like "Wow, I can't wait to attend Wisconsin, what a great education"

Stevenson calling Davis to confirm his role on the team has me intrigued.

I suspect The Staff has some big plans to get him on the field right away. Talent like that shouldn't be wasting away on the bench. Get him out there.

I'm not sure that got repeated in exactly the manner it was reported. If it was the same report I saw, it was more of a feeling of how we were going to use our RBs as opposed to him playing immediately. Maybe it's nit-picking a little bit but I didn't get quite the same impression from the article as I did on the post on here.

Not saying he won't play right away but that's not the tone I got from the article.

Growing up in the heart of Big Ten Country I never heard one person that I grew up with or older people say anything like "Wow, I can't wait to attend Wisconsin, what a great education"

You being clueless about the academic merits of an institution has nothing whatsoever to do with the academic merits of that institution.

• Fire 1