Camping Out: Running Backs

Hey, guys, Sorry about maybe being overly critical of the coaching staff, but I'm just pissed and disappointed by the way the game turned out.

And I would like to see the Huskers build some depth in the trenches. I don't like the idea of playing the starting 5 every play the whole game

just to give them the experience. The injuries seem to happen when a player is fatigued. Down the stretch of the season is where the depth in the O-line will be critical. They do need experience, but more important , you need to keep them healthy.

I do like this Wilbon guy ... follows his blocks well. But I also would have liked to see Adam get a carry or 2.

Hey, guys, Sorry about maybe being overly critical of the coaching staff, but I'm just pissed and disappointed by the way the game turned out.

because ur boo didn't get snaps

nobody cares about you being overly critical. people care about you being an absolute baby, hoping that the team loses every single game until Adam Taylor gets playing time.

Everybody is, but no offense, I think you need to give up all this stuff about Adam Taylor. Your opinions of him are well-documented, however, potential and high school careers do not equate to a good college career. There's probably a very viable reason he is sitting as far down the depth chart as he is, and this team is being led by a coach with 40 years experience. Chances are he is seeing, and knows, a lot more than any of us.

And RB by committee does not equal a political committee lol. It happens in football when no one running back has established himself as the immediate go-to guy, like Abdullah was last year. Those two things are just... laughably different.

because ur boo didn't get snaps

nobody cares about you being overly critical. people care about you being an absolute baby, hoping that the team loses every single game until Adam Taylor gets playing time.

He's trying to apologize. Back off.

And I would like to see the Huskers build some depth in the trenches. I don't like the idea of playing the starting 5 every play the whole game

just to give them the experience. The injuries seem to happen when a player is fatigued. Down the stretch of the season is where the depth in the O-line will be critical. They do need experience, but more important , you need to keep them healthy.

I do like this Wilbon guy ... follows his blocks well. But I also would have liked to see Adam get a carry or 2.

Any word trickling back to Katy about whether Adam is 100%? I remember something from fall camp that he didn't quite look the same. If he's the best back for this offense, he'll get his reps. Until some player that has been riding the bench shows up in a game and is noticeably better than who he replaced, I have confidence in this staff to evaluate their players.

I like Wilbons patience on some of his runs. Good vision, and he let's the blocks set up and picks his way nicely. That's of course, when the blocking was there, and a few times when it wasn't. I'd lean toward starting Wilbon next week and see how he handles it.

He had a nice run where he set up the defender perfectly. The wider receiver was locked up on a DB so Wilbon did a little peek-a-boo to the outside, the defender reacted and then he cut back to the inside to get an extra 5 or 7 yards. I don't know if he was well coached or just has a lot of natural instinct. What I noticed in the spring game was smart shifty running with a lot of determination.

I thought Cross had another good game, given his touch count. Stats seem to agree as well.

I have been hard on Cross throughout his career, but he showed a little something when he got his chances. The only thing with him is that he can't make people miss in the backfield, so the o-line play has to be perfect for him.

But, he hit the hole harder than other backs on Saturday.

KBB with me being from Texas also right down the road from Katy I want to see any kid from Texas play for the huskers. I thought AT was going to do big things for them, and he may very will in the future.. Right now I think its going to be Wilbons job to lose in the near future. kid looked good and made yards. Only 1 time did I see him take solid contact and get stopped dead in his tracks. Would love to see him and Cross doing the back field duties for a while..