The Repub Debate

At this point, I wonder if the best outcome for Republicans is Trump winning the nominee and losing in the general election. That would help quash the movement to elect a rebellious outsider like Trump and would put them in a position to elect a better nominee for the next election. They seem to be angling for a contested convention but I think that would fracture the party even more and I don't see how the candidate that emerges from that would be electable in the general election. Especially, with Trump likely running as an independent in that scenario.

At this point, I wonder if the best outcome for Republicans is Trump winning the nominee and losing in the general election. That would help quash the movement to elect a rebellious outsider like Trump and would put them in a position to elect a better nominee for the next election. They seem to be angling for a contested convention but I think that would fracture the party even more and I don't see how the candidate that emerges from that would be electable in the general election. Especially, with Trump likely running as an independent in that scenario.

In the short term, I would agree. But for the long term, it might be best if Rubio is selected via convention and Trump runs as an Independent. That would all but hand the election to Hillary, but in the long term it might result in a stronger Republican party by way of "removing" the extreme far right element, particularly if Trump were to form, or was the catalyst for the formation of, a true third party.

In the short term, I would agree. But for the long term, it might be best if Rubio is selected via convention and Trump runs as an Independent. That would all but hand the election to Hillary, but in the long term it might result in a stronger Republican party by way of "removing" the extreme far right element, particularly if Trump were to form, or was the catalyst for the formation of, a true third party.

And this would be bad?

I would be thrilled if we went to a minimum of 4 parties. Hippy Left, Responsible Left, Responsible Right, Tinfoil Hat Right. Let the fringe crazies have their crazy theories and radical candidates, and just get out of the way while the majority of Americans can do the job of responsible adults and govern the country, and states, in a resposible and respectful way.

OK...got a question about the debate since I didn't watch all of it.

I tuned in with about 20 minutes left. I'm pretty sure the question to Donald was something about how he is going to make foreign leaders do what he wants them to do.

Honestly....his answer was....."Because I'll tell them to. They will do what I tell them to do".

Seriously???? Did I hear that right?

BTW.....type loser.com into your browser. :laughpound

It's worse than that BRB.

Recently, Michael Hayden came out and said that if Trump gave the order to our military to kill wives and children of terrorists, has called for, the military is would disobey the order. Hayden is no schlub-- he served 41 years in the Air Force and retired a four star general, 6 years as the NSA director, and 3 years as the CIA director.

All armed forces members take an oath to protect the Constitution, not to the commander in chief. They're not required to follow an unlawful order, per the Geneva Conventions. Targeting civilians is a war crime, and Trump doesn't seem to understand that.

They asked him about it and said, "If this were the case, how would you get military members to do what you want them to do?"

"Because I'll tell them to. They will do what I tell them to do."

He's awful.

And....Trump flips his position.

Oh my f'ing God!!!!!!

And this would be bad?

I would be thrilled if we went to a minimum of 4 parties. Hippy Left, Responsible Left, Responsible Right, Tinfoil Hat Right. Let the fringe crazies have their crazy theories and radical candidates, and just get out of the way while the majority of Americans can do the job of responsible adults and govern the country, and states, in a resposible and respectful way.

Eh? Where did I say that was a bad thing? In fact, that very line speaks to how it would strengthen the Republican party - that's the precise opposite of a "bad thing" for that party.

My bad..I kind of read your post and blended it with Lil Red's. That it would be good in short term for Trump losing the general election, but bad in the long term because it would create a stronger Republican party. I agree that it would be good for the Republican Party and that would be good for America.

It's what I get for reading Huskerboard and "Cat in the Hat" to my kids at the same time....

Or it could result in their favorite tactic of doubling down on what's already not working until it does work. Classic!

I know knapp said recently that the Hitler card gets played too much after someone posted a photo of Clinton next to Hitler.

But today Trump asked supporters at a rally to raise their right hands and then had them say a pledge where they promised to vote for him. You can read the full article on CNN.

Cc0GH_sWAAA2fR2.jpg

12279016_1208511509300044_40951027627446

BAHAHAHA! :LOLtartar:rollin

The memes in here are too good. Those are awesome.

I think this is the biggest reason why I'm completely baffled that anyone supports him. How can anyone have any idea what he's actually going to do?

And people flip their lid when they talk about Hillary changing her stance on stuff. But they vote for Trump. Weird.

Hillary has changed her stances on several things over the years. But she's held completely and uncompromisingly firm on others, and actually brought about real change. Much of which was actually bankrolled, in part, by Trump. Meanwhile, he's never done anything of real significance to help the American people at large, and clearly has no idea how to affect change as a politician.

Ergo, if you like Trump, but actually want to see his TRUE policies enacted (underneath this bombastic, authoritarian disguise of a Republican exterior he's donned), vote Hillary.

The irony of course being that Rubio was born of the Tea Party.

I know knapp said recently that the Hitler card gets played too much after someone posted a photo of Clinton next to Hitler.

But today Trump asked supporters at a rally to raise their right hands and then had them say a pledge where they promised to vote for him. You can read the full article on CNN.

Cc0GH_sWAAA2fR2.jpg

This guy's trolling so hard.

• Fire 1