Possible suspension? Some WR's maybe not ready?

BYU is supposedly suspending 5 and one is a defensive starter. Coincidence?

I thought BYU is suspending 10 players for the first game, and then a different 10 for the second game.

I think it's 10 total. So maybe 5 and 5. But what do I know?

I thought I read a tweet about it earlier this week. I was going to post it in the BYU thread, but forgot. So, I could be wrong, too.

I do have concerns that one of our Frosh LBs was called 'high maintenance' by the staff...that's not something you do...

...especially if the person *IS* high maintenance.

Unless the goal is to get him to either reduce the drama, or leave. Hopefully this isn't the first the young man will have heard this.

Can't believe a true frosh LB would consider leaving if he is faced with a redshirt. I mean, our LB spots are the most wide open, thinnest positions we have on the team. Probly the most likely spots for a RS frosh to get play time next year.

Exactly. So if one's being high maintenance, in spite of the strong likelihood that they'll get playing time this season...

...then again, this is the first time some of these guys have been away from home, new surroundings, etc. Maybe he's just not dealing with the 'newness' in the best manner? Trying to be sympathetic here...

I do have concerns that one of our Frosh LBs was called 'high maintenance' by the staff...that's not something you do...

...especially if the person *IS* high maintenance.

Unless the goal is to get him to either reduce the drama, or leave. Hopefully this isn't the first the young man will have heard this.

Can't believe a true frosh LB would consider leaving if he is faced with a redshirt. I mean, our LB spots are the most wide open, thinnest positions we have on the team. Probly the most likely spots for a RS frosh to get play time next year.

Exactly. So if one's being high maintenance, in spite of the strong likelihood that they'll get playing time this season...

...then again, this is the first time some of these guys have been away from home, new surroundings, etc. Maybe he's just not dealing with the 'newness' in the best manner? Trying to be sympathetic here...

It is odd to share that information with the public. Wonder if he is upset bc he was told during recruitment he would see the field as a freshmen and is now looking to redshirt.

I thought BYU is suspending 10 players for the first game, and then a different 10 for the second game.

I thought I read a tweet about it earlier this week. I was going to post it in the BYU thread, but forgot. So, I could be wrong, too.

All of BYU's suspensions for the brawl will happen for the Nebraska game.

Interesting article. I'm actually surprised they allowed some of that to be printed.

Did they have a choice?

Not allow the access to the meeting.

I am with you on that...I think if you allow "outsiders" into your meetings you basically have that meeting scripted and only talk about very positive things.

This is basically like any business or school...you don't really let "outsiders" in and show them how the sausage is made...so to speak.

A lot of the radio guys know a ton more than they share. Biggest fear was always if they shared something they would get cut out of the program.

This is a huge problem with journalism today. Rather than report what they know, they kowtow to the "source." People give Sipple grief for being Bo's lapdog, but anyone who knows stuff about discipline, harassment, any kind of newsworthy stuff from that program who doesn't report it is doing exactly what people hate about Sipple.

A lot of the radio guys know a ton more than they share. Biggest fear was always if they shared something they would get cut out of the program.

This is a huge problem with journalism today. Rather than report what they know, they kowtow to the "source." People give Sipple grief for being Bo's lapdog, but anyone who knows stuff about discipline, harassment, any kind of newsworthy stuff from that program who doesn't report it is doing exactly what people hate about Sipple.

I don't think it's about the times. This has been going on with local guys for decades. Really burning a source just to get one story out there probably isn't a good idea long term, unless the story is huge.

• Fire 1

Gotta think Mohammed Barry is the high maintenance one.. But I think he is good enough to start.

This is the first one I thought of as well. I think it was McKewon (not sure on that) who said a couple of the freshman LBs were going to need a redshirt year to get up to speed a little bit. I'm pretty sure Barry was one and I think Ferguson was the other.

Talan is probably the least ready to play. He's small right now. Ferguson will likely play and Barry may too.

• Fire 1

I don't think it's about the times. This has been going on with local guys for decades. Really burning a source just to get one story out there probably isn't a good idea long term, unless the story is huge.

I don't see any reason to get upset with the media member on this. They hear things and they have inside sources. They can't go public with every thing they hear. Plus, there are tons of times where a coach or player will say something "off the record". Going public with things considered "off the record" is considered a big no-no within the media.

Gotta think Mohammed Barry is the high maintenance one.. But I think he is good enough to start.

This is the first one I thought of as well. I think it was McKewon (not sure on that) who said a couple of the freshman LBs were going to need a redshirt year to get up to speed a little bit. I'm pretty sure Barry was one and I think Ferguson was the other.

Talan is probably the least ready to play. He's small right now. Ferguson will likely play and Barry may too.

Yeah, now that you say that I think Talan was the other one, not Ferguson.

Don't mind that "high maintenance" comment as long as the coach stands by it and can roll with it. I think these coaches are savvy enough, especially with media around, to make a brow raising comment without squirming out of the effects or getting upset at the media for doing their job.

Also, if a player is looking to leave then give him two doors and let him choose his future. They are loading up at LB, I think they expect one or two or more to move on. Bringing in 9 LBs in 2 classes..can't get all of them on the field. I'd rather a player leave and open a spot for another kid that will contribute than dance around hurting a kids feelings because he is upset and keeping him in the system. Finding the right players is a numbers game.

Who was the DB that got busted for pot and is still on the team? Wasn't he on the verge of breaking into starting rotation?

That tweet came out of this article. However it is false. Bronco said that there were "10-ish BYU" players who would face discipline for the Miami Beach Bowl brawl. Never did he say that they would result in suspensions. I actually only expect a handful of suspensions. He has intimated that some players have already been disciplined during spring and summer.