What's Most Important From Armstrong?

Mavric

Remember last year when tons of people kept spouting, "Completion percentage doesn't matter!!"

Which people? I don't remember seeing much of that. Certainly none of that came from me.

I'm going to agree with a lot of people here and say that completion % and turnover % are the two most important, with total TDs being somewhat of a distant third. The rest aren't much of a concern, because I think we have a potent enough ground game that we don't have to do everything through the air. Armstrong doesn't have to put up huge numbers through the air for us to win, he just has to do well enough to keep us from being one-dimensional.

Trick question. Yards per pass is the correct answer.

I agree that yards per attempt kind of balances out completion percentage but not totally. If I complete a 40 yard pass then miss my next four, I average 8.0 yards per attempt which is pretty good but I haven't helped the offense score a lot of points (necessarily). We've probably still punted two or three times.

Thought this was an interesting question:

Completion % - Leads to lower TO rate.

Turnover Rate - Leads to more yards.

Yards - Generally leads to more TD's

Total TD's

Rushing Threat - I changed it from TD's to threat because my belief is having a QB that threatens the defense with his legs then leads us back to the top of the list and we start the cycle over again.

Remember last year when tons of people kept spouting, "Completion percentage doesn't matter!!"

No.

But for the record, depending on the offense. Comp % doesn't mean AS much. It's important but it doesn't mean as much. You always want to be 100 percent but really you just want to look for a percentage that keeps that certain offense effective.

Rushing numbers

Turnover %

Comp percentage

Total Yards

Total TDs

Because his strong suit is running instead of passing, I think TA is probably doing his best when his rushing numbers are good. Turnovers either through INT's or fumbles are killer. I think those two are tied for the top spot.