BYU Preview

BIG ERN

People. Good lord.

When it's a Husker, there is never this uproar.

I'm starting to think some people want 10 BYU guys out because thats the only way they see us beating BYU

Finally someone acknowledged this. I got tired of putting more bait on my hook.

Correct. We have no shot unless 10 BYU guys are suspended and Hill isn't 100%.

People. Good lord.

I'm starting to think some people want 10 BYU guys out because thats the only way they see us beating BYU

Finally someone acknowledged this. I got tired of putting more bait on my hook.

Correct. We have no shot unless 10 BYU guys are suspended and Hill isn't 100%.

No. I was referring to the first part. BYU needs everyone to play at full strength.

what do you expect? byu like notre dame are nothing but frauds who want to appear to be the moral authorities, we never should have scheduled scum like this. at least miami is honest about what they are.

A little too much? Inappropriate for a football forum?

Yeah that was a bit much.

People. Good lord.

I don't ever recall Nebraska getting in a fight quite like this. The last one I remember was Miami last year which was some pushing.

I honestly don't care who's suspended on BYU one way or the other. At this point in CFB it benefits us to have the best time against us on the other side of the field.

However, as I stated before. It's obnoxious to have fans from other teams coming in here and being unrealistic about things.

The thing I love about Husker fans is that we tend to be pretty realistic and knowledgeable. We're not gonna say that our D is going to shutout everyone. We're not gonna claim everyone on our team is NFL caliber. We call out our own when they deserve it. I mean yeah the sky falls when we lose, but whatever.

I guess the point is this. The people that have shown up on the board seem to have no sense of reality and are antagonistic. It's annoying and the people on the board are starting to show that it's annoying them.

• Fire 2

I believe this game is going to be a very interesting match-up. (Sorry for not following the suspensions, moral authority, or religious topics going after the first couple of comments). Looking at the two teams there are some important unknowns. How will Riley's first game in his new home go with the players already at NU? Will BYU's defense respond to having the head coach retake the reins like they have when he's worn the DC hat? How does BYU's players match up against NU's betters athletes? And how will Armstrong respond to the blitz packages BYU throws at him? I wish I could look into the future and see the answers because if I could I think I'd become a wealthy man.

Since this is the first game of the season, and the game is in Lincoln I think the advantage, although I believe slight, has to be with the Huskers. Taysom Hill is coming off yet another season ending injury and even though from all accounts he is back 100% I think it remains to be see if he is in a game situation. He's a freak athlete but has the injury left a strong mental impression. If not, its going to be fun to watch him again. Our (BYU's) RB situation isn't as good as if Williams was out but we do have some talented RB's to fill in, none of his talent but as a group they'll fill in nicely. Brown will probably be our feature back with Carter and Hine (pronounced Heen-a) is a great athlete (he high jumped over 7 feet in high school). He's been returning kickoffs as well and has been a great weapon in that position.

You've already read and heard about our tall receivers. Matthews is a known commodity to us. I wouldn't say he has blazing speed but for his size he moves very well and is a very good possession receiver. Nick Kurtz was a player we all looked forward to see last season but a preseason foot injury kept him sidelined for the season. We haven't been disappointed so far in fall practice but again I believe game experience will show if our anticipation was warranted. We have some 6'4" receivers who are new to the program who have received favorable reviews in camp also and we'll see how they do. I do worry about our receivers against your defensive backfield which I believe will have the speed advantage. If Hill gets time, and if your defense can't control the run well then I like our chances. Again, if I could see the future....

Good luck Huskers and fans. Its too bad that football, something that's fun and exciting, can bring out the worst in some fans from both sides and distract from the competition to come and focus on garbage that means nothing.

Memphis has announced their suspensions:

Leonard Pegues, LB - 1.5 games

Isadore Outing, DL - 1 game

Nick Thomas, OL - suspended for first half of opener

Michael Stannard, OL - suspended for first half of opener

Trevon Tate, OL - suspended for first half of opener

Chauncey Lanier, CB - suspended for first half of opener

That's laughable. Only two guys suspended for more than half a game.

To reiterate, FIU suspended 18 guys a full game for their 2006 brawl with Miami. The Hurricanes suspended 13 guys for a game.

So much for discipline.

• Fire 1

Memphis has announced their suspensions:

Leonard Pegues, LB - 1.5 games

Isadore Outing, DL - 1 game

Nick Thomas, OL - suspended for first half of opener

Michael Stannard, OL - suspended for first half of opener

Trevon Tate, OL - suspended for first half of opener

Chauncey Lanier, CB - suspended for first half of opener

That's laughable. Only two guys suspended for more than half a game.

To reiterate, FIU suspended 18 guys a full game for their 2006 brawl with Miami. The Hurricanes suspended 13 guys for a game.

So much for discipline.

IMO it is always tough when a fight is this big. You first suspend the 1 or 2 people who started the fight and possibly the 3rd and 4th who stepped not trying to break it up. After that it is a crap shoot. These are your best friends on and off the field that you've busted your a** with all season, and if a veteran, several seasons. When you see a teammate getting punched or thrown to the ground your last instinct is to stand on the sidelines and watch since you know you can be suspended. My 2 cents on the idea I guess

• Fire 1

Love the attitude Gangwish has. LINK

LOL....not surprised at this.

“Gangwish said that prior to games, he tries to not peak with his excitement too soon. He said prior to the Iowa game last season, then-head coach Bo Pelini told him to tone down the excitement.

I think every good football team needs a maniac like Gangwish. I did not know he was the type. GBR!

People. Good lord.

There totally would be. I could careless about the other's but when you act like a thug and sucker punch someone in the back of the head your career should be over, whether you're a Husker or not.