Again is Sam being overly negative about this team?

NUinID

Yeah, Sam is a pretty sharp guy. I think he had a fairer appraisal of where the team is at than most. Not that he's immune from simply being wrong; nobody is.

Listen, I would've loved an 11-2 season as much as anybody and it would be easy to see all the pieces just falling into place for that. However, if you felt that was the expected value for this team, you *probably* were a little too optimistic about where the team was this year. And if you've bought in too much to that expectation, you've set yourself up for disappointment.

This is an average team that does have some exciting talent and will always be fun to root for. They're also trying to manage or get by at some pretty important positions. Should be a wild, dangerous ride this year.

• Fire 3

Hit the nail on the head, zoogs.

I'll just add my own two cents by saying I think Sam has always been a pretty fair guy. We're now seeing a lot of the stuff that he was viewing in fall camp practices, and a bunch of it isn't pretty. Not to say Sam's word should be taken as gospel, but, hopefully people now understand where he was coming from a bit better.

• Fire 2

Yeah, Sam is a pretty sharp guy. I think he had a fairer appraisal of where the team is at than most. Not that he's immune from simply being wrong; nobody is.

Listen, I would've loved an 11-2 season as much as anybody and it would be easy to see all the pieces just falling into place for that. However, if you felt that was the expected value for this team, you *probably* were a little too optimistic about where the team was this year. And if you've bought in too much to that expectation, you've set yourself up for disappointment.

This is an average team that does have some exciting talent and will always be fun to root for. They're also trying to manage or get by at some pretty important positions. Should be a wild, dangerous ride this year.

As of today, it could STILL be 11-2, mathematically. :)

Hit the nail on the head, zoogs.

I'll just add my own two cents by saying I think Sam has always been a pretty fair guy. We're now seeing a lot of the stuff that he was viewing in fall camp practices, and a bunch of it isn't pretty. Not to say Sam's word should be taken as gospel, but, hopefully people now understand where he was coming from a bit better.

Yeah, he's been the best writer in the state for some time, and seems to have a deeper understanding of X's and O's than any of them, by far.

I stand by my 13-1 prediction.

• Fire 2