Well, Pelini haters...

Well, now that we are half way through the season I thought I'd come back to make my first response to this thread that I started after the BYU loss. Take a sober look at the stats, Mike Riley is now 2-4, having won only 33% of his games and 0% of conference games. By comparison, Bo Pelini won 71% of his games and 70% of conference games.

Conclusion: we need to fire Shawn Eichorst, Mike Riley, and all of Mike Riley's retarded staff. And if that doesn't happen at the end of the season, this program is truly doomed for the foreseeable future. Riley is looking to be much worse than even Callahan.

Brah, Bo Pelini through his first 6 games won 50% of his games and 0% of his conference games, yet people weren't saying Tom needed to be fired.

Well, now that we are half way through the season I thought I'd come back to make my first response to this thread that I started after the BYU loss. Take a sober look at the stats, Mike Riley is now 2-4, having won only 33% of his games and 0% of conference games. By comparison, Bo Pelini won 71% of his games and 70% of conference games.

Conclusion: we need to fire Shawn Eichorst, Mike Riley, and all of Mike Riley's retarded staff. And if that doesn't happen at the end of the season, this program is truly doomed for the foreseeable future. Riley is looking to be much worse than even Callahan.

Riley has got a sh#t sandwich and he's doing his best to manage. Armstrong was 11/28 today. He couldn't hit anything. We don't have a QB behind him that can compete and we don't have an Ameer Abdullah to lean on. To me this is a flat out mulligan no matter what happens this season. So much crap has happened with injuries on top of poor depth, dissension in the team, and 4 heart breaking last second losses. It's one thing if we just get smoked, but they are last second plays that seal the game on us. Other teams make them, we don't. I mean Gaglione just missed from 38 and drops one at 46. You'd think the miss prior would be in his head, but as our luck has run, he drops it just inside. And that's pretty much the summary of our season this year. No team has been able to put us away. They make mistakes as well, but in the last seconds of the game, they always seem to pull one last play.

Don't throw 28 times in 30+ MPH winds. Much less two weeks in a row. If this is the best Riley can manage, he doesn't deserve the job. Running for 0 yards still wastes more game clock than passing for 0 yards. And with no depth on defense, that extra time wasted can't hurt. I think after 4 similar defeats, it stops being bad luck and is just how your team is trending.

But Bo still should have been canned in 2013.

I can say with 100% certainty that neither Pelini nor Riley are the answer for this program.

Riley, being the nice guy that he is, should admit that he's in way over his head and do us all a favor by stepping down. Every game he coaches just sets us farther and farther back.

• Fire 1

I can say with 100% certainty that neither Pelini nor Riley are the answer for this program.

Riley, being the nice guy that he is, should admit that he's in way over his head and do us all a favor by stepping down. Every game he coaches just sets us farther and farther back.

He is nice. He may be a bad coach, but I don't think he's dumb enough to walk away from this golden parachute.

• Fire 1

He is nice. He may be a bad coach, but I don't think he's dumb enough to walk away from this golden parachute.

prob now is we are paying 2 guys, can't afford 3! now i really wonder, looking back, who all was involved in hiring Riley, would assume Eichorst had some support, Harvey?.......yeah, his ass is guilty too......would you go out and sign a .500 guy to run your company?

prob now is we are paying 2 guys, can't afford 3! now i really wonder, looking back, who all was involved in hiring Riley, would assume Eichorst had some support, Harvey?.......yeah, his ass is guilty too......would you go out and sign a .500 guy to run your company?
We have more than enough cash. We are basically paying Bo's buyout with interest earned on the tens of millions in the athletic coffers. We put somewhere between $10-20 million away per year. Riley's buyout is not that much either.

However, we aren't going to fire him and it has NOTHING to do with the money.

Well, it only took Riley one game to match Bo's total in the "Losing a 4th Quarter Lead" category.

Riley has now lost 3 games after leading in the 4th quarter.

Riley is now 2-3 with a 4th quarter lead.

Bo was 65-3 with a 4th quarter lead.

Mike Riley's already doubled the number of quarters Bo was competitive with Wisconsin.

We can nitpick and go around with crap like this all day. It's stupid.

Bo needed to go. Rileys probably not the guy. Why do you people keep lumping the two situations into the same deal.

• Fire 1

Well, it only took Riley six games to match Bo's total in the "Losing a 4th Quarter Lead" category.

Riley has now lost 3 games after leading in the 4th quarter.

Riley is now 2-3 with a 4th quarter lead.

Bo was 65-3 with a 4th quarter lead.

Mike Riley's already doubled the number of quarters Bo was competitive with Wisconsin.

We can nitpick and go around with crap like this all day. It's stupid.

Bo needed to go. Rileys probably not the guy. Why do you people keep lumping the two situations into the same deal.

I'm not trying to bring Bo back. I only included his stats for perspective. Throw in the same stat for Devaney, TO and Solich if you want to. Hell, throw Callahan's in there if you want.

Brah, Bo Pelini through his first 6 games won 50% of his games and 0% of his conference games, yet people weren't saying Tom needed to be fired.

Just to insert math into the mix:

Riley's 33% ≠ Bo's 50%.

Another way of representing it correctly is:

Bo's 50%>Riley's 33%.

This is NOT correct:

Riley's 33% ≥ Bo's 50%

This is not an argument for or against anybody coaching at Nebraska, just clarifying the argument of Bo's 3-3 vs. Riley's 2-4...