Injury updates

Why does it matter if he had that many passing yards? We had a chance to win the game and should've won the game even with his "record setting day". It falls on making stupid mistakes and not being able to put teams away more than our passing defense at this point.

The records are just a testament to how easy it is to move the ball through the air on Banker's D. Yes, we should have won the game even with all of these record setting days. It is not a coincidence that 3 of the 4 losses were as a result of the other team throwing all over on the last drives of the game. All with limited amounts of time, knowing they must pass the ball. We still can't stop it. That is why it matters.

BYU: 42 yard hail mary to end the game.

Illinois: no timeouts, 0:41, 6 plays - all passes, 72 yards.

Miami: didn't need to pass. Ran it three times and kick FG to win.

Wisconsin: no timeouts, 1:03, 6 plays - all passes, 42 yards. Previous drive was 70 yards, 47 through the air.

I'm going to ask this question knowing full well I'll probably take some flack for it.

Does anybody think we are experiencing more injuries because the season is going poorly? Seems like maybe players could realizes there is not as much to play for so therefore maybe they aren't sucking it up and playing through some things that maybe they would be if we were 5-1 or 6-0.

Just a possible theory, not saying this is happening but does anybody think the theory has any validity.

I'm going to ask this question knowing full well I'll probably take some flack for it.

Does anybody think we are experiencing more injuries because the season is going poorly? Seems like maybe players could realizes there is not as much to play for so therefore maybe they aren't sucking it up and playing through some things that maybe they would be if we were 5-1 or 6-0.

Just a possible theory, not saying this is happening but does anybody think the theory has any validity.

It could happen. I wanted to keep DPE out for the season. Let him fully heal, rather than bring him back for a chance to make the Independence bowl.