Riley needs to be fired!!!

Now we were sold on this notion that MR was a seasoned , learned coach who had seen it all. So when TO told him that a strong running game was essential for dealing with weather conditions in the Midwest, did he think TO was just bulls#!tting him to puff up his own ego? I seem to remember some comment about them having rain and wind in Oregon too. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Mediocre success and the occaisional upset worked well with the low expectations at OSU and he has let it soak in to the bone. No need for changes. Seems like a perfect resume for an Iowa State coach...not gonna fly here. :rickjames

Somewhere, Bo Pelini is snickering...

Don't really care because he was a douche. And I supported Pelini for years. Pelini should have been canned one year earlier. The fact he didn't made us all wonder about Eichorst. I think we all were buying into the idea that he pulled a gem into Lincoln, but now things look vastly different.

For those who care, Riley said that was supposed to be a bootleg, no pass option.

Except the running back ran a pass route and was looking back for the ball, and Tommy, you know, threw the ball.

That's the most detestable thing Riley had done here. He f'd up, own it.

Riley throwing guys under the bus?

Doesn't sound like a nice guy move, or we didn't "execute"

I'm not a sky is falling guy. Believed Riley and Co should get time. Not after today. Can't fir em all mid season, but I'd get word out that they wont be here next year. Our recruits are now running. No identity, no passion, no clue.... Oh and no Jano until 6 minutes left in the 4th

I never thought about the recruits. If don't make a bowl game it may be tough to get good players here. What could the coaches tell them? I can hear it now "well we were 3-8 at OSU, and we were 3-8 and Nebraska last year, but we will get better, I promise".

For those who care, Riley said that was supposed to be a bootleg, no pass option.

Except the running back ran a pass route and was looking back for the ball, and Tommy, you know, threw the ball.

That's the most detestable thing Riley had done here. He f'd up, own it.

Riley throwing guys under the bus?

Doesn't sound like a nice guy move, or we didn't "execute"

Well, if it was a run call, should he have just lied? Ultimately, there is also some onus on the players to "execute". They are the ones playing the game...

I'm not there yet, but for a group of coaches with decades of experience, this is totally unacceptable. If Langsdorf doesn't learn to run the ball soon, we might only win 1 or 2 more games this year...

I have said this about hiring in my industry for years. A comment is made that someone should be hired because they have 20 years of experience, but if they have been consistently bad for 20 years then they should not be hired.

• Fire 2