who would we hire?

Swiv3D

Jesus... As in you guys are ridiculous.

If you don't like it, why are you here? Come back in a few days

I never understand that. If you hate what your reading why insist on posting anonymously to tell us were all idiots. Go away, come back on tuesday and every one will be drinking kool aid again....

or, not.

Because I am a poster on this board and try to help keep the crazies under control. It's sad to see you're included in the group now.

So you're the determiner of who is crazy?

I never understand that. If you hate what your reading why insist on posting anonymously to tell us were all idiots. Go away, come back on tuesday and every one will be drinking kool aid again....

or, not.

Because I am a poster on this board and try to help keep the crazies under control. It's sad to see you're included in the group now.

Crazy = Looking for replacement coaches after 5 games

or, not.

Crazy = Looking for replacement coaches after 5 games

I will allow this.

What Nebraska needs (and what it most certainly did not get in Riley), is the next Urban Meyer. People forget that when Florida hired him, he was just a fairly new HC at Utah. But he was up and coming. They took a bit of a gamble that he could continue to succeed when he moved to the big time at Florida but it paid off. We need to find the next Urban Meyer for Nebraska. Someone like Bryan Harsin (Boise State's HC). Someone who is relatively young and has a track record of success (and by that I mean a strong winning percentage) in the lower ranks of college football. Not someone who is barely above .500 after coaching for years.

The best predictor of future performance is past performance. It's not always right, but it is far more right than anything else. In a perfect world, Nebraska would hire a Sabin or a Meyer or a Les Miles, but that isn't going to happen. Sabin not leaving Alabama, Meyer isn't leaving tOSU, etc. Yeah, maybe we could pick up Richt but I seriously doubt it. Even if he would come, the $$$ is probably not going to be there. Richt is getting $4M a year now. Heck, Sabin is getting almost $8M/year!

So Nebraska has to find someone up and coming and give them a shot... not cling to the hope that a big name will come free and want to go coach in the cold plains of the Midwest for the same money he is getting in Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge, where he's driving distance to his house at the beach and his golf course where he can play 365 days a year.

If MR is let go within the next couple of year Harsin would be an excellent choice. Whether he would take the job is another story. He is a BSU grad and it is his dream job. But he is definitely an up and comer.

2-3 for the first time since '59, and considering what's happened, it's not totally out of the ordinary for Husker fans to thinking about the next guy. There are so many reasons to be questioning the legitimacy and credibility of every single one of the men employed to coach football at UNL. A few:

1) 30+ mph gusty winds, and yet Armstrong uncorks bomb after bomb. The fact that ANY pass plays were sent in when we were against the wind is mind-boggling.

2) Janovich rumbles on FB traps vs Southern Miss, and Husker Nation is happy, living a little bubble of 90's nostalgia for a moment while drowning in 15 years of mediocrity. For some reason, the coaching staff thinks a good plan is to give this kid the ball on stretch runs to the boundary? He is the quintessential FULLBACK. North-South, not East-West.

3) Speaking of the running game, Devine Ozigbo looks seriously like the second coming of Ken Clark. Really - his power, speed, and pad level really remind me of Clark. Anyway, where has this guy been? He looks like the best we have, and after a 50 yd gain, they take him out? 10 yds a carry, and he only gets 7 totes? Seriously, WHAT THE HECK? At the end, when we were finally feeding Jano up the gut, maybe pull it once and pitch it to Oz?

4) The 3rd Down play. Already been discussed ad nauseum, but it's pretty clear the coaching staff absolutely screwed up in multiple ways.

5) The coaching staff should have taken responsibility after the game, and it doesn't appear they did. Sure, the players didn't do what they needed to, but the coaches certainly didn't put them in a position to be successful.

If anyone knows football, it's Nebraska fans - we were admittedly spoiled for 40 years, but in that time, we grew to know what good football looks like, and we certainly aren't seeing it now. The pattern is pretty simple - if a coach can't produce some good football, he is replaced. THAT'S why we're thinking about the next guy - this staff has already shown repeatedly they simply don't have what it takes - why should we expect anything different?

• Fire 2

stop, just please stop. we dont need thread after thread after thread of fire everyone.

This thread is more about hiring someone specific, but they'd have to create the job opening first. Philbin's approach to coaching and his experience would be a great fit for us (if you're not familiar with him, go do some research...solid coach who got stuck in a bad job in Miami).

Even if we only win one more game, Mike Riley and Co will most likely last through at least next year. I don't necessarily feel that we should even be debating firing him 5 games into his 1st year. That being said, there are threads that are talking about it so hypothetically if he were fired between now and the end of the season, who do we go after? Keep in mind I'm just being hypothetical so there's no need to defend why Riley should not be fired on this thread.

Coach Joe Philbin would be an excellent choice.

The link below list "Akward Firings" it includes Kiffin getting fired at the airport 5 games into the season. There is hope that we don't have to suffer through 5 years with MR.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/10/05/chicago-bulls-oakland-raiders-usc-trojans-coach-firings

I only want to be compared to USC with regards to All-Americans, Heisman winners, and National Championships.