***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

I don't understand the people who say the players don't want to be here...if you've been an athlete before, you know at some point your athletic juices kick in and your goal is to go out there and look like you are the best person on the field/court etc..you don't go out there and say, hey, since my coach got fired i'm going to go out there and look like an idiot...

makes no sense.

Football is a team sport. If everyone is not on the same page, the wheels come off. All it takes is for a couple people not to "buy in to the system" and the system ends up being f*cked.

Screw waiting till the end of the season. This entire staff should be fired TODAY, so that we can start our coaching search.

Oh, that's right, Eichorst is in charge. Never mind.

MR can consult with Golden
Sorry this is just dumb. You can't fire a coaching staff after 1 year.
Why? Because we might lose to purdue and go 3-9?
So if the next coach is bad should we fire him after 1 year also. Let's not even fire him after 1 year. Let's just give him a 1 year contract.
No, let's get a coach that brings the running game back to lincoln, and someone that can teach them how to at least line up on defense. A scheme that doesn't have us ranked dead last vs. the pass. There are HS coaches that could lead us to a win over flipping PURDUE.
  • Fire 1

Which team is Nebraska and which team is Purdue? Not sure I see a difference in talent out there :hmmph

Big difference.....Purdue is the much more talented team out there.

Disagree, we have the talent. Our kids are still a 9 win squad.

I honestly think the talent level decline was already showing last season...we ended the year 1-3 and won a few close ones rather than lost those. I think without the change in offensive and defensive schemes, Pelini would have ended up at 7-5 this year or 6-6.

• Fire 3

So which coach is to blame for Dzuris tackling the facemask? Let's hear it Huskerboard.

Coaches teach fundamentals. Maybe you've heard of this.

I've not heard of this before.

What are these fundamentals you speak of?

Do juniors and seniors learn their fundamentals and techniques from coaches in their first two -three years in the program, or does a coaching staff teach juniors and seniors all new fundamentals and techniques in a few months of "actual coaching"?

I realize the staff has been hired 10 months ago, but how much actual time have these guys had to rebuild these players fundamentals? Second question. Are we sure these players are good enough to be fundamentally sound, technically sufficient football players?

• Fire 1

If we finish 3-9 will riley leave? Will he have a choice?

Of course he won't leave. Eichorst will tell him some staff changes must be made, and that will be that. Next year we'll show some improvement (how could we possibly not?) and Riley will still be here. We're in this for the long haul, sadly.

I don't understand the people who say the players don't want to be here...if you've been an athlete before, you know at some point your athletic juices kick in and your goal is to go out there and look like you are the best person on the field/court etc..you don't go out there and say, hey, since my coach got fired i'm going to go out there and look like an idiot...

makes no sense.

Football is a team sport. If everyone is not on the same page, the wheels come off. All it takes is for a couple people not to "buy in to the system" and the system ends up being f*cked.

wait, there's a system?

makes no sense.

The most important thing Riley had to do was get wins quick to get a buy in from the team. Going 3-5 and now losing to Purdue has guys starting to agree with the "nay sayers" on this team....

Screw waiting till the end of the season. This entire staff should be fired TODAY, so that we can start our coaching search.

Oh, that's right, Eichorst is in charge. Never mind.

MR can consult with Golden
Sorry this is just dumb. You can't fire a coaching staff after 1 year.
Why? Because we might lose to purdue and go 3-9?
So if the next coach is bad should we fire him after 1 year also. Let's not even fire him after 1 year. Let's just give him a 1 year contract.
No, let's get a coach that brings the running game back to lincoln, and someone that can teach them how to at least line up on defense. A scheme that doesn't have us ranked dead last vs. the pass. There are HS coaches that could lead us to a win over flipping PURDUE.
You want them to hire Pelini back?