***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

triple tip pick off.

We're cursed.

I can't take it anymore. Does anyone posting here have clue? If you throw a pass way behind the receiver, bad things happen. It doesn't mean you are cursed, it means you can't throw accurately, which is a function of coaching, talent, effort, and practice.

Good lord right!?

It's either bad coaching or we're cursed!? Where the hell do you people just realize that if we just execute, things usually go our way! If we don't have the players to execute, then we need to get them and we can hardly hold Riley and his staff accountable for not having the guys capable of executing right now. How the hell could that be their fault?

We've been inconsistent for years now!

It is all mental right now. Players are culpable for their actions and mindset. Coaches are too. Charlie Strong came into a distinct but equally toxic atmosphere in Texas. He started the change in culture during the off-season by making the team accountable for their actions (lots of players dismissed). The play suffered from the talent loss, so mid-season, Charlie has incorporated more power football. It is a lot easier to buy in as a player when you know there are consequences to your actions (Team comes first) and that you will have an opportunity to run the ball down the opponents throat on Saturdays. Accountability + Power Football, that is the recipe for a strong football culture.

-Lost first opener in 29 seasons

-Got blown out by Miami (Lets not pretend that game was as close as the score indicated)

-Lost to interim HC Bill Cubit and Illinois

-Lost to Wisconsin at Home

-Lost to Northwestern at Home

-Losing to 1-6 Purdue on the road

On track to miss a bowl game. On track to go win-less at home in conference play. On track to finish dead last in our division. On track to finish dead last in Pass Defense. On track to have our worst season since what the 50's.

Defend this shitshow all you want, we all know what the situation is.

There's no defense for it. I just want to know if anyone is going to have the nads to admit they made the bad hires, fire the AD, fire this coaching staff, and spend the BIG BUCKS, and bring in a quality head coach. And don't say: Nobody's going to come to Nebraska when they keep firing coaches. The great coaches have huge egos and think they can be the difference. The great coaches figure THEY will be the one to come in and WIN and they won't care about all the guys fired before them.

...and I don't care about personalities...I don't care about styles...I want a guy who has won...a guy who has won in college football. Maybe not won championships. There are not that many of those guys around. But there are guys out there that might be available that have won and would be good hires. (They hate Kelly in Philly).