***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

First time in Nebraska's 125 year history of having 6 losses before the month of November.

Let that sink in...

I would fire SE and the entire football staff on Monday. The only hesitation would be money. Do we have the funds to hire a top coach and staff while paying two ex staffs.

Yes. We have barley even tapped into the reserves. If the boosters want change to happen at the end of this season, trust me...it will happen.

triple tip pick off.

We're cursed.

I can't take it anymore. Does anyone posting here have clue? If you throw a pass way behind the receiver, bad things happen. It doesn't mean you are cursed, it means you can't throw accurately, which is a function of coaching, talent, effort, and practice.

Good lord right!?

It's either bad coaching or we're cursed!? Where the hell do you people just realize that if we just execute, things usually go our way! If we don't have the players to execute, then we need to get them and we can hardly hold Riley and his staff accountable for not having the guys capable of executing right now. How the hell could that be their fault?

We've been inconsistent for years now!

It is all mental right now. Players are culpable for their actions and mindset. Coaches are too. Charlie Strong came into a distinct but equally toxic atmosphere in Texas. He started the change in culture during the off-season by making the team accountable for their actions (lots of players dismissed). The play suffered from the talent loss, so mid-season, Charlie has incorporated more power football. It is a lot easier to buy in as a player when you know there are consequences to your actions (Team comes first) and that you will have an opportunity to run the ball down the opponents throat on Saturdays. Accountability + Power Football, that is the recipe for a strong football culture.

Yeah, and that is where I find the coaches responsible and if you've read my comments on this board, you've seen it.

I get in these discussions here with stupid people and I find myself defending the coaches constantly with the on field stuff, but this accountability and personnel area of the team is one are I am baffled by the decisions.

I totally agree with your Charlie Strong reference and this catering to the athlete mentality needs to disappear here as well. These guys need an awakening, but how will they ever wake up if they don't feel like their position on the team is ever in jeapordy. I totally get it.

Then you have to put yourself in the shoes of the coach. If you're a coach, you're responsibility is to put the best product you can on the field. So if there is such a drastic drop off to that next level then you're in a tough spot. Do you allow the team as a whole to suffer and fail because you've put an even worse player in the game? I mean, we have to remember, these decisions affect everyone. Not just the player that doesn't seem to give a crap.

The whole team suffers.

I think we are indeed in a rebuild mode and I think there needs to be some cleansing of this program.

I so badly wanted to give this staff a chance. I can't, I would rather gamble that firing them is a horrible mistake. At least it would show that this is unacceptable. Losing to Purdue is not acceptable, talent is no excuse, 2nd string qb is no excuse. We are Nebraska. This team should beat Purdue with all back ups in. Something else is playing into thus

After this game ... I emotionally feel this way. To do so means we lose our QB recruit and perhaps some other pieces in the current recruiting class along with a possible 3-4 transfers. Regardless, it is probably gonna have to get worse before it gets better.

First time in Nebraska's 125 year history of having 6 losses before the month of November.

Let that sink in...

I would fire SE and the entire football staff on Monday. The only hesitation would be money. Do we have the funds to hire a top coach and staff while paying two ex staffs.

Yes. We have barley even tapped into the reserves. If the boosters want change to happen at the end of this season, trust me...it will happen.

HP and SE are politicians. They know what side the bread is buttered on. SE might be the first let go, but money talks. Well, in this case I hope it actually yells. SE should be fired as well for the crap show he brought in this season.

Let that sink in...

that's the question. even if these boosters do have the money would they really want to have to pay the bill again?

I want to know where the boosters were when MR was hired. Did they approve? It seem strange to me that a single person can hire the Husker football coach. The football team brings in too much money.

Riley came believing he could right the Huskers' ship and get things moving forward in a positive direction. We have done some good things. Even today, we moved the ball well at times despite playing a walk on back up QB that wouldn't play anywhere else in the big Ten. He wouldn't be on the roster of any other big ten team.

We know Riley has been trying to attract some quality players and got some interest. We should certainly hope and think there are a portion that will stay committed.

• Fire 1