Perlman Backs Eichorst, Riley

Mavric

If the Board has any aspiration for the football program, they'll block any proposed contract extension for Shawn Eichorst. That will send a clear message to the three stooges HP, SE, MR. You don't have to go back very far to find out about our past when we extended a contract to a previous incompetent in over his head Athletic Director. Let's hope the local media invokes the past and whether or not we learned anything from it.

Why on earth would you extend the contract of the AD with a new chancellor coming on board in less than a year. Let the new person evaluate and make a change if needed.

Harvey is taking care of the guy he hired and that's really about all there is to the story. It wouldn't be so offensive if the football team were doing better.

Its an all too familiar situation, that's why. 2007 wasn't a long time ago but somehow Harvey gets a mulligan.

The problem I have with HP and SE (and Pederson before SE), is that they are agenda driven and backhanded.

I have no doubt that Eichorst hated seeing NU beat Iowa in 2013, which is exactly how Pederson reacted to Solich beating Colorado in '03.

No man of integrity would secretly (or not so secretly) wish for players in his department to fail so that his pre-conceived agenda could be more easily executed.

That displays such an utter lack of integrity and courage that I think it should be a firable offense from a position such as AD.

Their discussion of "winning the right way" is all just lip service. They should have been concentrating on leading the right way.

A couple niggles:

• Eichorst probably hated seeing Nebraska LOSE to Iowa in 2013, a 38 - 17 humiliation at Memorial Stadium to an unranked, unremarkable Iowa team in the last game of the regular season. Some might remember Bo using profanity while daring Eichorst to fire him after that game. Instead Eichorst gave him a contract extension that March, and perhaps a million dollars more in recruiting upgrades for the 2014 season.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/is-nebraska-football-spending-enough-money-on-recruiting/article_8036adb4-ab0f-11e4-89cc-773fc56c561f.html

• You have no idea how Eichorst felt in 2014, watching Nebraska come back from 24-7 down in the third quarter to defeat an unranked, unremarkable Iowa in overtime in the last game of the regular season. You might have a better idea how Nebraska fans felt. Many considered the Wisconsin debacle the last straw, and the failure to beat Minnesota the next week the icing on the last straw. If Shawn Eichorst had a secret agenda of giving Bo Pelini another season to prove himself, and believed that Pelini had failed in that regard before the Iowa game, it was shared in public by an awful lot of Nebraska fans. Dip back in the Huskerboard archives if you'd like.

• We have a much better idea how Bo Pelini felt, because he was really honest in expressing his feelings. He blamed the Wisconsin loss on the fans.

You're accusing Shawn Eichorst of wishing for the players to fail, to match a private agenda that was shared by a lot of Husker fans regarding a coach who told the fans, the school and the state to go f#*k themselves three years earlier. Because Bo Pelini didn't want to be here. And yet he demanded loyalty.

Not sure you're my go-to guy on matters of integrity, CM Husker.

• Fire 1

The problem I have with HP and SE (and Pederson before SE), is that they are agenda driven and backhanded.

I have no doubt that Eichorst hated seeing NU beat Iowa in 2013, which is exactly how Pederson reacted to Solich beating Colorado in '03.

No man of integrity would secretly (or not so secretly) wish for players in his department to fail so that his pre-conceived agenda could be more easily executed.

That displays such an utter lack of integrity and courage that I think it should be a firable offense from a position such as AD.

Their discussion of "winning the right way" is all just lip service. They should have been concentrating on leading the right way.

And yet we have a sizable portion of a fan base wishing to see Nebraska lose so that firing Riley would seem more likely/plausible.

Yes, those who live in glass houses do indeed throw stones.

How can you say that? Every fan wanted this team to exceed expectations. Everyone knew there would be some rough spots but not on the level of what we have right now. I want the team to win as much as anyone else but I'm a realist. When I see a problem, I identify it for what it truly is. The biggest problem we face are the lawmakers in charge who push pencils for a living and lack good judgement. The fact that everything up to this point can be compared to 2004-2007 should be enough for any fan to tremble. Last week's game told us the same story all year long -- this staff is not championship caliber and the nuclear option is the only way out.

A couple niggles:

Eichorst probably hated seeing Nebraska LOSE to Iowa in 2013, a 38 - 17 humiliation at Memorial Stadium to an unranked, unremarkable Iowa team in the last game of the regular season. Some might remember Bo using profanity while daring Eichorst to fire him after that game. Instead Eichorst gave him a contract extension that March, and perhaps a million dollars more in recruiting upgrades for the 2014 season.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/is-nebraska-football-spending-enough-money-on-recruiting/article_8036adb4-ab0f-11e4-89cc-773fc56c561f.html

You have no idea how Eichorst felt in 2014, watching Nebraska come back from 24-7 down in the third quarter to defeat an unranked, unremarkable Iowa in overtime in the last game of the regular season. You might have a better idea how Nebraska fans felt. Many considered the Wisconsin debacle the last straw, and the failure to beat Minnesota the next week the icing on the last straw. If Shawn Eichorst had a secret agenda of giving Bo Pelini another season to prove himself, and believed that Pelini had failed in that regard before the Iowa game, it was shared in public by an awful lot of Nebraska fans. Dip back in the Huskerboard archives if you'd like.

• We have a much better idea how Bo Pelini felt, because he was really honest in expressing his feelings. He blamed the Wisconsin loss on the fans.

You're accusing Shawn Eichorst of wishing for the players to fail, to match a private agenda that was shared by a lot of Husker fans regarding a coach who told the fans, the school and the state to go f#*k themselves three years earlier. Because Bo Pelini didn't want to be here. And yet he demanded loyalty.

Not sure you're my go-to guy on matters of integrity, CM Husker.

Are you that unaware of the irony (the bolded) you just posted? Gawd, I can't believe the lack of self awareness of some posters.

I've read many examples of posters, and not just here, stating, no, speculating, that Pelini would never get over the 9 win hump, yet they will in the same post state that Riley needs time so he can get his system and then he will turn it around, and win championships, I suppose? Never mind that the guy is a career .500 guy. When backed into a corner, because gawd knows, they don't have facts, they resort to bashing the former HC, or worse, the players.

Welcome to 2004-2007 all over again. Thanks pencil neck!

This is the way I see many fans reacting to all of support being put out within our Nebraska Athletic department.

It's kind of a: "But I don't want to listen to any of this, I just want people fired"

2247352_o.gif#temper%20tantrum%20gifs

That's not true. At least not for me.

I dispise the inconsistency shown by Ickyhorst in his support for Pilini vs Riley. It's the same show all over again when one looks back at 2004 - 2007.

I don't want Ickyhorst to fire Riley, because I don't want him to make another bad hire.

Under pencil neck, the trend is that Nebraska doesn't want to pay for an upgrade for HC. And Nebraska will have to pay big bucks to get an upgrade over Pelini. Or get lucky.

This is the way I see many fans reacting to all of support being put out within our Nebraska Athletic department.

It's kind of a: "But I don't want to listen to any of this, I just want people fired"

That's not true. At least not for me.

I dispise the inconsistency shown by Ickyhorst in his support for Pilini vs Riley. It's the same show all over again when one looks back at 2004 - 2007.

I don't want Ickyhorst to fire Riley, because I don't want him to make another bad hire.

Under pencil neck, the trend is that Nebraska doesn't want to pay for an upgrade for HC. And Nebraska will have to pay big bucks to get an upgrade over Pelini. Or get lucky.

If only you could actually spell their names right, instead of being a child throwing a tantrum by calling respected leaders names. Some folks might listen to you.

• Fire 1

Your username is Soup. Old people like soup. Harvey is old. Therefore Harvey likes soup. Therefore you must be Harvey.

Now that we got to the bottom of that Mr. Perlman, do not be surprised that you're getting a little bit of backlash when you compare the current coach who's 3-6 to a Husker legend in Tom Osborne, and then say you want to give an extension to an athletic director who totally botched the biggest hire of his career. Doing this all while you're about to retire, leaving the next chancellor in a tough spot.

• Fire 3

If only you could actually spell their names right, instead of being a child throwing a tantrum by calling respected leaders names. Some folks might listen to you.

Ha, ha! You made a funny! You labeled pencil neck and Ickyhorst respected leaders.

Technically, no one can listen to this forum, so I don't really care if folks might listen to me. But, I'm glad you read my post. Thanks for the funny too!

• Fire 1

The regents will block any extension.

When it comes down to good ol Harv dog, all you have to remember is he pretty much worked up the contact to join the B1G.

Did you know Nebraska makes 10 million LESS than all other members in revenue sharing.a

Doesn't the B1G money come into effect in like 2017?

2022 is when we will make our money.??? Not sure, but read that somewhere...I think. Great plan wasn't it!

This move is forcing the hands of the power players with in the program and outside (boosters) to make a decision now.

This is Perls way to really making some feel uncomfortable and if we are even thinking about changing, were paying for it once again.

I think there is obvious pressure to make a move, and this is Perls way of avoiding firing anyone. This might be his end of tenure as well.

Boosters need to show the money, or pull all of the money and support.

And yet we have a sizable portion of a fan base wishing to see Nebraska lose so that firing Riley would seem more likely/plausible.

Yes, those who live in glass houses do indeed throw stones.

How can you say that? Every fan wanted this team to exceed expectations. Everyone knew there would be some rough spots but not on the level of what we have right now. I want the team to win as much as anyone else but I'm a realist. When I see a problem, I identify it for what it truly is. The biggest problem we face are the lawmakers in charge who push pencils for a living and lack good judgement. The fact that everything up to this point can be compared to 2004-2007 should be enough for any fan to tremble. Last week's game told us the same story all year long -- this staff is not championship caliber and the nuclear option is the only way out.

And your perception of a problem is just that: a perception. There's no way to tell if it's actually Perlman/Eichorst who are really plaguing the program.

There are people on here who want to see Nebraska finish 3-9, ergo watching the players lose the rest of their games this year, just for the hope that Mike Riley and the coaching staff will be handed their walking papers. They'll say, "I want Nebraska to win, but if losing out means that Mike Riley will get fired, then I'm okay with that." If that isn't pushing a personal agenda, and if that isn't exactly what people think Perlman/Eichorst are doing, then I don't know what is.

We should just hope for Nebraska to win. Actively rooting for Nebraska to win means actively rooting to see the players, coaches, administration, students, other fans, etc..., win. I just don't get rooting against Nebraska, period.

• Fire 1