Bowl Projections

GOAT

i would LOVE to beat Bret Bielema and Arkansas. I do NOT want Oregon in a bowl and makes no sense for what would be a 6-6 Nebraska team to play a red hot possibly 8 or 9 win Oregon team.

So if NU finishes 3-0 with 2 wins over Top 10 teams, are they not red hot also?......

Red hot might not be quite the way to describe it. Finishing strong. I would say, 'red hot' would require us to defeat Iowa 35 -14 or so and look dam good doing it in all phases of the game. Even then, I don't think you can really say NU is red hot when their final record is 6-6. Maybe if they started 0-6 and won their last 6 in a row. I suppose if we played a 9 or 10 win Oregon team in a Florida bowl game, that might be Ok but we sure don't want to play them on the west coast say in San Franscisco. they would have effectively a home game crowd. We would have maybe 7500 fans go.

We have not traveled well to bowl games for quite a few years really and I sure would not expect many to go to California (Nebraskans are not big on CA bowl destinations in my recollection). Frankly, travel costs are pretty high (air plane tickets and hotels particularly). I think you need to try to find a bowl in Texas that is driveable for Nebraska folks. San Antonio is nice and Dallas is close. Tennessee would be a decent trip for eastern Nebraskans.

i would LOVE to beat Bret Bielema and Arkansas. I do NOT want Oregon in a bowl and makes no sense for what would be a 6-6 Nebraska team to play a red hot possibly 8 or 9 win Oregon team.

So if NU finishes 3-0 with 2 wins over Top 10 teams, are they not red hot also?......

Red hot might not be quite the way to describe it. Finishing strong. I would say, 'red hot' would require us to defeat Iowa 35 -14 or so and look dam good doing it in all phases of the game. Even then, I don't think you can really say NU is red hot when their final record is 6-6. Maybe if they started 0-6 and won their last 6 in a row. I suppose if we played a 9 or 10 win Oregon team in a Florida bowl game, that might be Ok but we sure don't want to play them on the west coast say in San Franscisco. they would have effectively a home game crowd. We would have maybe 7500 fans go.

We have not traveled well to bowl games for quite a few years really and I sure would not expect many to go to California (Nebraskans are not big on CA bowl destinations in my recollection). Frankly, travel costs are pretty high (air plane tickets and hotels particularly). I think you need to try to find a bowl in Texas that is driveable for Nebraska folks. San Antonio is nice and Dallas is close. Tennessee would be a decent trip for eastern Nebraskans.

Wow, so beating 2 top 10, 1 of which is Top 5, isn't enough to be considered on a streak? They need to manhandle a top 5 team by 21 points to be redhot? Really?
  • Fire 1

With the recruits we are in on, a Cali bowl game would be perfect, IMO.