Who thinks we beat Iowa?

Hayseed

Depends on the gameplan & execution. If we use the last 2 games model, we should win. If we use the previous 2 games and throw it 50 times? No chance.

I agree...if NU goes 3 and out on the first drive with all run plays I have a feeling that Langsahan will start to consider the run a "trick play" and pass the rest of the game.

We can win this game, but if we aren't careful Beathard could have a career day against us and Desmond King could pick off TA several times. They don't have better talent than us and are very confident/cocky. Most of the fans I speak with, not that I want to, think there is ZERO way they lose to us. Truth is, we're the most dangerous team on their schedule. They have everything to lose and we have nothing to lose, that's a dangerous combination for them to face.

You must talk to a bunch of idiot Iowa fans then because I would say about 90% of our fan base knows that we will need to play one of our best games of the year against you guys. This is a very scary game because you just don't know which Nebraska team you are going to get from week to week (or hell even quarter to quarter). I did see someone talking about running it up the gut on us and I would like to say - yes please do that. Where we have been very susceptible is on the edge on the right side of the defense and Nebraska has the speed to take advantage of that. Hopefully it is something that Iowa will have cleaned up in 10 days.

I think the biggest determining factor in the game will be how well you can stop Beathard and our TEs on third downs to get our offense off the field. The last I saw, we have a 50% conversion rate on 3rd and long. Of course if TA decides to pad King's stats it could become ugly very quickly. I think this game will follow the same general pattern of the Minnesota game. A couple of traded scores early in the game as both offenses run their scripts and then some traded punts through the middle with scoring picking up again at the end of the game. The key to who wins will be which team scores TDs and which is held to FGs. I think Armstrong throws a costly pick just at the wrong time late in the game to seal the win for Iowa in a close hard fought game. Of course you all will think that costly pick will instead be a TD to finish a NE upset and we will find out in 10 days which of us is correct :)

• Fire 1

Depends on the gameplan & execution. If we use the last 2 games model, we should win. If we use the previous 2 games and throw it 50 times? No chance.

The problem is that I think you will need to throw it in order to move the ball on us consistently. Our rushing defense doesn't tend to give up grinds. We will give up a 10-12 yard play but then we will stuff the next two and force a 3rd and long.

The problem is that I think you will need to throw it in order to move the ball on us consistently. Our rushing defense doesn't tend to give up grinds. We will give up a 10-12 yard play but then we will stuff the next two and force a 3rd and long.

The only thing you'll be stuffing is your crying faces with walking tacos and Maid-Rites!

tumblr_n5bsmg5Wpw1qft49to1_500.gif

;)

• Fire 1

We can win this game, but if we aren't careful Beathard could have a career day against us and Desmond King could pick off TA several times. They don't have better talent than us and are very confident/cocky. Most of the fans I speak with, not that I want to, think there is ZERO way they lose to us. Truth is, we're the most dangerous team on their schedule. They have everything to lose and we have nothing to lose, that's a dangerous combination for them to face.

I've been having a texting conversation with an Iowa friend of mine. He said almost the exact same thing. In fact, he claimed King will have 6 picks in this game alone.

It's going to be fun. I think we win by 15-20 points.

The only thing you'll be stuffing is your crying faces with walking tacos and Maid-Rites!

;)

And this is why most people are smart enough to not try and have an intelligent conversation about a game on opposing fan boards and you end up with just the $%^&*( trolls from the other team for the most part.

;)

And this is why most people are smart enough to not try and have an intelligent conversation about a game on opposing fan boards and you end up with just the $%^&*( trolls from the other team for the most part.

He's not a troll you just have no sense of humor.

• Fire 1

;)

He's not a troll you just have no sense of humor.

oh no - I laughed. I wasn't calling him a troll, I said this is why you end up with mostly trolls from the other team. If you haven't been here for years and just came over to talk about the game you could easily take that post the wrong way and since every message board has people that do stuff like that, most people that actually do want to have a conversation just stay away and you end up with the trolls. I am sure that after the Purdue game on Saturday there will be a ton of Iowa idiots coming over here just like we had several on the Iowa boards a few years ago when Nebraska was doing well and Iowa wasn't. It is just the way it is. I was merely pointing out that if you want to encourage actual conversation about the game with opposing fans you might want to let a conversation develop before starting to throw in stuff like that. I know that there are many on here that like having a good conversation with opposing fans and you might get one or two good Iowa fans over here amidst the many bad ones but the good ones won't stay if their attempt at actual conversation isn't also met with actual conversation.

This. In particular, it depends on whether or not the offense establishes the running game and utilizes it effectively. That didn't happen in the middle part of the Rutgers game, and the coaches were kind of forced into it after Tommy looked like he got hobbled.

If we get the MSU gameplan and execution, we win. But if we start slinging it around and let our opponent back into the game...then Iowa has enough talent on defense to shut us down and make this a one-sided affair.

Of course we can beat Iowa if:

(1) Coaches don't get in the way and mismanage the game

(2) Armstrong plays smart and does not commit silly stupid turnovers

(3) We cut down on the penalties like we did with Rutgers, and

(4) Our defense plays decent enough

Iowa has played very smart mistake free football. They are not that good and most of their wins have been close. They have not played anyone good this year. Michigan State would have crushed them if they played them. We have better athletes and we can win if the four things I mentioned happen. I really have a good feeling about this one. It is at home and for a chance to go bowling without relying on luck. It also comes after a bye. You have to like our chances in this one.

This. Nothing would surprise me.

I'd love to see us win, we have more talent than Iowa. It'd be great if the staff would get out of its own way and put the talent in position to win.

• Fire 1

I think Iowa looks ahead and ends up with a less than stellar win over Purdue and that rattles their confidence (and playoff ranking) a bit so they come in distracted and on their heels. I don't think the Husker will come out flat off the bye, and that, with the insane energy in Memorial, will be the deciding factor.

My biggest concern is Cowherd's prediction since he just says whatever to troll. I don't think his analysis, such as it is, is wrong but I don't think he believes anything he says either. :hmmph

Been listening to Cowherd for 10 years. I have heard ANGRILY dismiss a caller who stated that he just says stuff for controversy. Bottom Line: Collin believes what he says AND he is usually right. BUT, man did he just give IOWA some bulletin board material and there is something better about IOWA this year. I think NU can win but better bring the A game for 4 quarters.

I've been having a texting conversation with an Iowa friend of mine. He said almost the exact same thing. In fact, he claimed King will have 6 picks in this game alone.

It's going to be fun. I think we win by 15-20 points.

I formed my opinion just because I've watched most of their games this season and over the past few seasons. Living in Iowa I just usually turn it on if it's on and the Huskers are of course playing at a different time. This team for them is different this year, but I'm not sure how "tested" they really are at this point. The Pitt game was a tough one for them and they've had a few others that have been close so they aren't necessarily blowing people out. Although some of their games haven't been close even when the score doesn't indicate that. Iowa fans are quick to talk about the injury bug for them as well when I bring up our bad luck this season, but they aren't even close in that respect with where we're at as far as injuries go. They understand though because a few years ago they were decimated with injuries. Iowa doesn't make too many mistakes, so there isn't going to be a lot of opportunity to capitalize on turnovers are coaching mistakes. So we're going to need to go in with a good game plan and make sure we execute it to perfection while taking care of the football. Having watched both teams, MSU and Iowa, IMO Iowa is the better team.

You must talk to a bunch of idiot Iowa fans then because I would say about 90% of our fan base knows that we will need to play one of our best games of the year against you guys. This is a very scary game because you just don't know which Nebraska team you are going to get from week to week (or hell even quarter to quarter). I did see someone talking about running it up the gut on us and I would like to say - yes please do that. Where we have been very susceptible is on the edge on the right side of the defense and Nebraska has the speed to take advantage of that. Hopefully it is something that Iowa will have cleaned up in 10 days.

I think the biggest determining factor in the game will be how well you can stop Beathard and our TEs on third downs to get our offense off the field. The last I saw, we have a 50% conversion rate on 3rd and long. Of course if TA decides to pad King's stats it could become ugly very quickly. I think this game will follow the same general pattern of the Minnesota game. A couple of traded scores early in the game as both offenses run their scripts and then some traded punts through the middle with scoring picking up again at the end of the game. The key to who wins will be which team scores TDs and which is held to FGs. I think Armstrong throws a costly pick just at the wrong time late in the game to seal the win for Iowa in a close hard fought game. Of course you all will think that costly pick will instead be a TD to finish a NE upset and we will find out in 10 days which of us is correct :)

With the way TA forces his throws into some situations where he shouldn't my personal feeling is King may get two picks in this game. King is a damn good ball player and it shows with his stats this year as far as picks go, I think 7 interceptions this season. Beathard is obviously mobile, which is something we need to pay attention to, but with our secondary and his arm it could be an ugly combination. I obviously hope the Huskers are changing their direction and figuring things out here at the end of the season so we can stop that from happening. Going to be an interesting game regardless, hope you guys beat Purdue so you come to Lincoln undefeated. :thumbs