Bundled-up !!

These offenses are pretty even.

If Iowa commits to the safer running game with their very average ball carriers, it plays to our defense's only strength.

I'm sure Tommy is convinced he could throw the ball against a hurricane. That's our offense's weakness.

Something tells me special teams turnovers will make all the difference in the world.

FIFY

Might cause us to throw less. And actually improve our offense! LET IT SNOW!!

Um...yeah. If history is any indication, though, Langsdorf is going to step out of his office, go down to the field, see blizzard-like conditions and 40 MPH winds, lick his finger, put it up in the air, and think "Yup. This is PERFECT passing game weather! Brilliant!"

Tommy doesn't play well when it's below 45 degrees, per history.

Wasn't it below 45 degrees when we won last year in Iowa City? What did they do--stuff his pads full of hand and feet warmers at halftime?

EDIT: Even if you're being factious, Lyons, I got curious and looked it up--it was 33 degrees for a high that day. So at least there's a history of Tommy playing one half of good football in (almost) freezing weather.

Right. Just like the wind in Illinois caused us to throw less.

It should, that's for sure.

It wasn't so windy that day. Just drizzled most of the game. Which apparently also makes our passing game crap the bed. :hmmph

The Riley-Langsdorf philosophy of the first few weeks would have had the Huskers pitching it around about 50 times; it appears they've learned a little bit what works, so maybe they simplify things if the weather is that bad

Yeah, I keep hearing this about Riley-Langsdorf flinging it around about 50 times a game, so I went back and checked.

These are the run/pass ratios for each game. There's enough there to conclude virtually anything if you're so inclined:

BYU Run 41 Pass 37

USA Run 37 Pass 38

Miami Run 32 Pass 45

So Miss Run 39 Pass 35

Illinois Run 34 Pass 31

Wiscy Run 37 Pass 28

Minn Run 39 Pass 26

NW Run 38 Pass 48

Purdue Run 29 Pass 48

MSU Run 36 Pass 33

Rutgers Run 38 Pass 21

Going to this one. Hopefully we win and I don't freeze to death. Going to wear layers upon layers upon layers...

My son and I are going too....with at least a couple more layers than you mentioned :-)

Going with my son and my best friend. I'm wearing my ice fishing gear. I can always strip down if I get too warm.