Seems there will be some attrition of roster

Not much potential for meaningful snaps in this offense for a RB, save for pass blocking or catching a pass out of the backfield.

Going strictly by the facts, Nebraska averaged 35 rushes per game, and had better per game yardage and per carry average than the offenses being run at Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Penn State.

So RBs will continue to be at least as meaningful at Nebraska as they are at these traditional Big 10 programs. Let's just hope they can be more successful.

So much for our running game being sub par. Yet this staff felt the need to wing the ball around, in bad weather, with an option style QB.

(Shakes head....)

I'd be shocked if VV leaves for the NFL this off season.

I wouldn't. I think he is one that isn't a fan of the new defensive coaches. Just speculation, but I wouldn't be shocked if he goes pro.

How high is he projected in the draft?

He was playing beside a guy that took on at least two blockers almost every play. With that, he was good but I wouldn't say dominant enough to wow scouts and be a top draft pick.

I have no idea where he is projected. It's just a hunch I have.
Any other hunches?

Wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Mikale Wilbon or Adam Taylor leave.

I thought AT had the potential to be really good. I wonder if he ever fully healed from his injury. I still wish we got to see what Wilbon, Ozigbo, and Taylor could do. I can't fathom we won't have at least one of those three bolt.

Frankly, I won't be shocked to see Wilbon and Ozigbo both leave. Not much potential for meaningful snaps in this offense for a RB, save for pass blocking or catching a pass out of the backfield.

Why would Ozigbo leave? He will more than likely be the starter next year. He showed the most potential and based on all of his tweets and such that he really loves it here.

Is Newby going somewhere?

No, and I don't know if he'll be the "starter", but with Cross leaving I think there's a very good chance Ozigbo is one of the top two guys in terms of carries next year. He's third on the carries list for RB's right now with 18 carries, 129 yards and 7.2 YPC. And given Newby's injury and some of the inconsistencies he had this year, I would not be at all surprised to see Ozigbo lead the team in rushes next season.

Not much potential for meaningful snaps in this offense for a RB, save for pass blocking or catching a pass out of the backfield.

Going strictly by the facts, Nebraska averaged 35 rushes per game, and had better per game yardage and per carry average than the offenses being run at Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Penn State.

So RBs will continue to be at least as meaningful at Nebraska as they are at these traditional Big 10 programs. Let's just hope they can be more successful.

Tommy Armstrong and the WRs running jet sweeps say "Hi!"

• Fire 1

Wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Mikale Wilbon or Adam Taylor leave.

I thought AT had the potential to be really good. I wonder if he ever fully healed from his injury. I still wish we got to see what Wilbon, Ozigbo, and Taylor could do. I can't fathom we won't have at least one of those three bolt.

Frankly, I won't be shocked to see Wilbon and Ozigbo both leave. Not much potential for meaningful snaps in this offense for a RB, save for pass blocking or catching a pass out of the backfield.

Why would Ozigbo leave? He will more than likely be the starter next year. He showed the most potential and based on all of his tweets and such that he really loves it here.

Is Newby going somewhere?

No, and I don't know if he'll be the "starter", but with Cross leaving I think there's a very good chance Ozigbo is one of the top two guys in terms of carries next year. He's third on the carries list for RB's right now with 18 carries, 129 yards and 7.2 YPC. And given Newby's injury and some of the inconsistencies he had this year, I would not be at all surprised to see Ozigbo lead the team in rushes next season.

I think you're right. If Ozigbo can learn to be a better pass blocker there's no reason he can't get at least half the carries next year.

I guess I am not sure why some seem to be a little upset that some players may transfer. It happens all the time every year at almost every college in the nation. Everyone wants to play. If I was a Jr to be in the fall of 2016 and sitting 3rd string at most positions I would strongly consider transfering to a 1AA program to get a couple of years playing time with out having to sit out.

• Fire 3

Attrition is good and healthy. If a guy gets to a point where he wants to leave, take it as an opportunity to bring on somebody else who wants to be here.

In a coaching transition, those first few years especially, a quick turnover of the roster is beneficial to everyone. Some players won't fit as well or aren't as interested in buying in and they should seek the best opportunities they can elsewhere, and the new coaches should have the chance to sign large recruiting classes early. Accelerate the process for everyone.

• Fire 6

They did indeed say "hi" and we had a great chat about the other 25 carries that went to the running backs, who it turns out had no idea their snaps weren't considered meaningful by message board posters.

• Fire 9

I guess I am not sure why some seem to be a little upset that some players may transfer. It happens all the time every year at almost every college in the nation. Everyone wants to play. If I was a Jr to be in the fall of 2016 and sitting 3rd string at most positions I would strongly consider transfering to a 1AA program to get a couple of years playing time with out having to sit out.

I'm with you there. I think you do have some people that believe once you've committed to Nebraska you should stick it out and be a team guy. But, you only get to be in college for 4-5 years and I firmly believe any player should be able to make the most of that opportunity. If that means transferring to another program then so be it.

Plus, if there are any guys on the roster that don't like the direction of the program or their role in it, perhaps it is better they aren't part of the university.

• Fire 1

They did indeed say "hi" and we had a great chat about the other 25 carries that went to the running backs, who it turns out had no idea their snaps weren't considered meaningful by message board posters.

Boom, Roasted! +1

Boom, Roasted! +1

(we also had a good chuckle that running backs wouldn't consider catching passes out of the backfield a rewarding aspect of the job)

• Fire 1