Seems there will be some attrition of roster

Christ if we lose Valentine too, Juco at DT makes sense. I'm not saying we go Ron Prince and sign 20 Jucos, but less Maurice, Williams health is questionable, then we are hoping Newell, Stolenberg, and the Davis twins are game ready.

If Riley wants to win and win now, scouring the Juco ranks is a way to get it done. DL, OL, DE, even QB could be upgraded with some proven Juco talent.

Christ if we lose Valentine too, Juco at DT makes sense. I'm not saying we go Ron Prince and sign 20 Jucos, but less Maurice, Williams health is questionable, then we are hoping Newell, Stolenberg, and the Davis twins are game ready.

If Riley wants to win and win now, scouring the Juco ranks is a way to get it done. DL, OL, DE, even QB could be upgraded with some proven Juco talent.

True - my question would be how much JUCO talent do they/should they bring in? My viewpoint of JUCO has always been a little bit like free agency in the NFL. They're not a long term commitment like a draft pick, but can come in and give you an immediate boost where you need it. DE is one spot I think they could certainly use a big time player that could be found in the JUCO ranks.

This is pretty much the MO for college football. Player turnover is high, there aren't a bunch of free agents to go get to plug holes, and the next guys are always inexperienced. Every team has these sorts of questions every year.

The only way Valentine declares for the draft is if he is happy being a 6th or 7th round draft pick. Or maybe a FA signing. One could argue he was 3rd best DT on the team(if you don't count McMullen playing DT). There are so many more DT's that will be drafted better than he was this past season.

The guy played 6 games and had 8 tackles and 3 sacks.

Surprised by the Riley quote that stated NO QB's leaving. Says a lot about how the players feel about this coaching staff. Most of those guys have to see that POB will pass right by them. Wondering if we may see a position change by at least one of them.

I'd give it until the conclusion of spring ball at least.

I think they expect 7 or 8 transfers and mostly on defense from the rumors flying around.

I can think of 6 it would probably make sense for if PT is their goal.

I'm not one thats ever really for a kid transferring in most cases. You signed up to be a part of the team. Its 4-5 years of life and hopefully you rise to the top. But that's not really reality. People need to learn how to fit into roles in life. That applies to sports teams, jobs, school, etc. Not everyone is going to be the #1 person. But it takes everyone to go in the right direction. You can be just as happy and just as successful learning to be part of a team or being a role player than the star QB. You also need to learn that things happen and change such as coaches coming and going, bosses leaving, etc. and you need to be able to adapt to those things.

I think they expect 7 or 8 transfers and mostly on defense from the rumors flying around.

I can think of 6 it would probably make sense for if PT is their goal.

I'm not one thats ever really for a kid transferring in most cases. You signed up to be a part of the team. Its 4-5 years of life and hopefully you rise to the top. But that's not really reality. People need to learn how to fit into roles in life. That applies to sports teams, jobs, school, etc. Not everyone is going to be the #1 person. But it takes everyone to go in the right direction. You can be just as happy and just as successful learning to be part of a team or being a role player than the star QB. You also need to learn that things happen and change such as coaches coming and going, bosses leaving, etc. and you need to be able to adapt to those things.
All I said is "if PT is their goal", I understand all that.