Kyle Allen to Transfer

Blackshirt96

I think you are wrong about aTm in the Houston market. They brought the SEC Network to Texas, but I don't think the SEC Network is a tier 1 channel in Houston. Someone from that area would have to chime in to confirm.

As for the cutting the cord, I agree. I think you will see more networks go to a monthly pay app style network. Sling TV is the start to it. You get a few basic networks & you pay for additional packages, like the sports package, kids package or HBO.

This style will also make the conferences look less at markets they are in & more for the prestige factor of a team. Making big name teams more valuable then the market they are in.

A&m is much, much bigger in Houston then uh. But you need the basic sports package to get the sec network (at least with Dish).

It's OSU and Houston. Houston for Herman but there ain't know way Herman is at UH in 2017

Why? If he can get paid $3m+ a year to coach there on tenure, why not stay? Because he wants to chase an NC? He could theoretically do that at Houston about as easily as most P5 schools not named USC, Alabama, OSU, Michigan, FSU et al.

It's OSU and Houston. Houston for Herman but there ain't know way Herman is at UH in 2017

Why? If he can get paid $3m+ a year to coach there on tenure, why not stay? Because he wants to chase an NC? He could theoretically do that at Houston about as easily as most P5 schools not named USC, Alabama, OSU, Michigan, FSU et al.
Most coaches are competitive SOB's who will always want to test themselves to see if they are the best. Hermann won't get that competition at Houston, and will seek a bigger job in the next few years. It's what all the best coaches do.

He says the four schools he's talking to the most are Colorado State, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Houston. Says those aren't necessarily his top four but since they're talking to him the most he'll look into them.

Why OU?? :dunno He only has one year of eligibility left and Mayfield will be the starter and a leading Heisman candidate next year at OU.