What would a bowl game win versus UCLA mean to you?

I'm not sure my opinion will change. I guess the outcome of the game can certainly determine that though (good or bad). I want to win every time the Huskers take the field. A win over Alabama or the Toledo Mudhens is always a positive. I think I would feel a little bit better about going into next year and a win right now certainly won't hurt recruiting.

• Fire 1

It doesn't change our crappy season. But it does offer the notion that our guys never quit, that they are buying in and trying to get better. If we go and beat UCLA, maybe we land some of thos big recruits we say we are in on. Who knows, a win could mean nothing or it could mean the world to the next few years if it ends up being the difference maker on signing day.

• Fire 3

A win would be a great feeling. Always is.

Man I'm glad there's another game.

I imagine a close loss would feel about the same as the other heartbreakers. Been a rough one.

I'm all in with Riley next year. From players to coaches, things have to improve.

About this time next season should be all telling.

I still have hope.

• Fire 2

I think it depends on how we win, if we win at all. If we go out and play fundamentally sound football, and run away with the game, then I think that does a lot for the psyche of the team for next season.

If we hang around, still making the same ole mistakes and luck our way into a win, I don't think it does anything for the team as far as being a springboard for next season. That would also do nothing to change Mike Riley's perception. I guess we'll take it any way we can get it though. GBR!

• Fire 2

It would mean the Huskers don't get an 8 loss season for the first time since 1957. A win might also help sway some recruits and it would motivate the team going into the offseason. The body language of the team somethimes has been bad so a win would help them feel great and excited for year two to win more games and have fun with the experience. It is a familiar foe with Riley and so a win would be big for momentum and we beat one of the better teams in the PAC 12, something Riley is good at doing.

A win won't change much. It's still a losing season. Might provide a little more hope for next year. But it would be kind of hollow.

But a loss is really bad. A loss means the worst season in 58 years. 2nd most losses ever in a Husker season.

So, a win is still way better than a loss.

This is exactly why I feared the bowl would be a bad idea. A win is "meh" but a loss is a disaster. It's a classic high-risk, low-reward scenario that's best avoided.

• Fire 1

A win only makes me wonder what could have been. I feel like this was a wasted season with some questionable play calling, clock management, dumb penalties, turnovers and an overall lack of effort in some cases. I mean face it 3 or 4 of the loses this year were head scratchers. I don't to this day know how you are down 42-16 to Purdue, but you beat Michigan State.

• Fire 2