Tulane QB Tanner Lee to Transfer to Nebraska

I find it semi entertaining that many are not very excited by this pick up, given his timeline. But, if he could play this coming season......man, that would be really good news. Hopefully the talk of possibly getting him eligible for this year (doubtful) pans out.

For me it's more about him tying up a scholarship for 2 years and only being eligible for 1. If he gets an additional year, then the risk is more worth the reward IMO.
It's 1 scholarship. There is a good chance that Bush transfers and maybe Darlington transfers or gets talked into taking a Medical Hardship. Darlington can then stay in school but not count against the 85 scholarship limit.

I find it semi entertaining that many are not very excited by this pick up, given his timeline. But, if he could play this coming season......man, that would be really good news. Hopefully the talk of possibly getting him eligible for this year (doubtful) pans out.

The eligibility waiver is for an additional year in 2018. He is a tratitional transfer, so he is INELIGIBLE to play in 2016.

That's pretty much what I thought but a guy can hope, can't he?

What they needed to locate was a graduate, like Russell Wilson, that could come in and play immediately. Sorry, but I'm pretty down on the turnover machine that is TA. And really it's not his fault, but rather the guys that are calling the plays and putting him in situations that he doesn't excel at. I'd be perfectly content with TA in a different offense, with different play calling.

Hate this pick up, but I'd like to be proved wrong.

After reading his stats, it looks almost the same as TA's (TD's vs Int), but hoping that our staff can teach him a few things that he might be lacking. Welcome to the Big Red Tanner.

Same stats against WORSE competition, and he's coming off an injury that we're not sure if he's fully recovered from.

As far as I can tell, his injury is a broken finger(s). That seems easy to recover from. Is there something else?

And it looks like he played part of last year with a different broken finger:

Sophomore quarterback Tanner Lee broke another finger on his throwing hand in the SMU game and has been ruled out...

Lee was largely ineffective after fracturing a finger against Navy on Oct. 24. He completed 57.8 percent of his throws through that game, but the number plummeted to 39.6 percent in the last three weeks as he went 36 of 91.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/14089786-128/tulane-quarterback-jordy-joseph-to

Hate this pick up, but I'd like to be proved wrong.

After reading his stats, it looks almost the same as TA's (TD's vs Int), but hoping that our staff can teach him a few things that he might be lacking. Welcome to the Big Red Tanner.

Same stats against WORSE competition, and he's coming off an injury that we're not sure if he's fully recovered from.

As far as I can tell, his injury is a broken finger(s). That seems easy to recover from. Is there something else?

And it looks like he played part of last year with a different broken finger:

Sophomore quarterback Tanner Lee broke another finger on his throwing hand in the SMU game and has been ruled out...

Lee was largely ineffective after fracturing a finger against Navy on Oct. 24. He completed 57.8 percent of his throws through that game, but the number plummeted to 39.6 percent in the last three weeks as he went 36 of 91.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/14089786-128/tulane-quarterback-jordy-joseph-to

There you go....

It's a bad move because his fingers obviously are not good enough for P5 football.