Who will be the next DL Coach??????

Stumpy1

I would be surprised if they weren't already talking to a few candidates when they let Hughes go. At least I hope so.

Hmmm.....I'm not so sure about that with a position coach.

I read somewhere where Riley was waiting for UCLAs HC to give permission to talk to Angus. That would be really tricky to go through that process and not have something leak at least throughout the coaching ranks and have your current coach find out.

Also, it's not like a HC where having someone step in ASAP is a major benefit for the program. You have time to go get a position coach.

I think it's probably a similar process. Like, there's not really much of an in-between area where you are thinking "Let's ask these guys if they will come aboard." Once you get to "I don't think the current guy is doing a good job", then you're going down a different direction. Then, you let the coach go and look for others.

There are a lot more potential candidates in the pool for a job like this than for an HC position, of course.