Who will be the next DL Coach??????

Stumpy1

Is Angus the biggest name that is being thrown around in the rumor mill? I really hope MR makes a solid hire here...do we someone in the position of recruiting coordinator right now? Sorry to ask, just a little too lazy to look it up!

I think its now handled through the recruiting staff i.e. McShane, Gunderson, Vaughn and O'Bryan....I think.

Is Angus the biggest name that is being thrown around in the rumor mill? I really hope MR makes a solid hire here...do we someone in the position of recruiting coordinator right now? Sorry to ask, just a little too lazy to look it up!

One advantage to Angus is that he is the recruiting coordinator for UCLA, so he knows how to recruit and land talent out of LA and the SoCal area.

Does anyone remember this guy when he was here? I'm surprised I don't remember a name like that.

LINK

McClure spent the 2004 and 2005 seasons as an assistant on Bill Callahan's staff at Nebraska. He assisted with the offensive line, coaching tackles, as well as working with the special teams. The Cornhuskers defeated Michigan in the 2005 Alamo Bowl. McClure pupal Matt Slauson was named Freshman All American. As a Husker coach, McClure tutored a number of NFL bound players: Matt Slauson (Jets), Lydon Murtha (Dolphins), Chris Patrick (Giants) and Sam Koch (Ravens).

He left here and then spent one year with Turner Gill in Buffalo. Why did he leave? I guess he could have looked at it as a step up since he went fro coaching OTs and special teams to offensive line coach and run game coordinator.

Edit......Never mind....I just realized he was a grad assistant here. Obviously he left to take a full time coaching position.

One advantage to Angus is that he is the recruiting coordinator for UCLA, so he knows how to recruit and land talent out of LA and the SoCal area.

Obviously he could only enhance the CA recruiting efforts, but CA doesn't appear to be an area where we are having difficulty at this point. I would like to know what his abilities in Texas and the SEC footprint are.

• Fire 1

Too bad we didn't let Hughes go a little sooner. Would have liked to get Kuligowski from Mizzou or Osia Lewis from San Diego St

Coach Kul would have been a great get. Richt got a good one. They play a similar scheme to us and he has a track record for putting guys in the league. Great eye for talent. S. Richardson, Ealy, A. Smith, Ray, Golden, Sam, and they have a few more 1st rounder types on the roster with Beckner, Brantley, and Charles Harris.

Obviously he could only enhance the CA recruiting efforts, but CA doesn't appear to be an area where we are having difficulty at this point. I would like to know what his abilities in Texas and the SEC footprint are.
I guess I'm not ready/wanting to put our eggs in the Texas basket. Too many powers their right now.

Texas and A&M are always going to get theirs.

TCU, Baylor, Houston are insanely hot.

OU is basically Texas (although they go to Cali a lot too).

Then you have the SEC teams picking. And Ohio State historically recruits Texas exceptionally well.

Bray is a stud recruiter with Texas connections and struggles down there.

I guess I'm not ready/wanting to put our eggs in the Texas basket. Too many powers their right now.

Texas and A&M are always going to get theirs.

TCU, Baylor, Houston are insanely hot.

OU is basically Texas (although they go to Cali a lot too).

Then you have the SEC teams picking. And Ohio State historically recruits Texas exceptionally well.

Bray is a stud recruiter with Texas connections and struggles down there.

No one is suggesting that we need to be devoted to Texas and/or the SEC footprint. I'm not even suggesting McClure would be inefficient here. But even the coaches said it was a concern that they didn't recruit Texas well.

• Fire 1