Who will be the next DL Coach??????

Stumpy1

I hear it will be announced in the next three weeks, Lord I hope the person has SEC/TX ties. Done need another California recruiter, me thinks not.

I would take good Cali ties over SEC ties. SEC is so overrecruited by so many powers and good recruiters that I dont care who you are, you wont win very many recruiting battles in the South. I would love to be proved wrong on this but we have had guys with south ties and have had little success with big recruits from that region.

thought this would be over w/ by now. i assumed w/ the timing in relation to signing day that it was either...

1) don't want to upset any NU recruits with the news but already had a guy lined up

and/or

2) out of respect for the poached program the new hire didn't want to announce prior to signing day.

figured it was a done deal though. now it has me wondering what in the heck happened that led to this. doesn't seem like the result of an evaluation on his performance as a coach/recruiter - that would have been known at end of the season. if he was a crappy recruiter why not get someone in there 6 weeks ago when things were shaking up? now you're trying to convince a guy to bolt a program weeks before spring practice.

• Fire 1