Mavric

WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe Lewis just wanted to stay close to home and close to his mother. Did we ever think about that?

Yes, ADS. If you read through the entire thread, I mentioned it multiple times.

THEN, Vince threw in an interesting nugget. Then his HS coaches were both fired..... Then we got to this point.

Feel like you're reading way too much in to the Hawkins coach being "fired". Literally has nothing to do with Lewis and Johnson going to USC.

Don't forget that Johnson was an Arizona commit until Donte Williams came to Nebraska

Maybe Lewis just wanted to stay close to home and close to his mother. Did we ever think about that?

That was more like extra incentive to not go where he wanted to go, it wasn't the deciding factor.

That was more like extra incentive to not go where he wanted to go, it wasn't the deciding factor.
Then what was?

Then what was?

The people who made the ultimate decision chose USC. Their reasoning is probably obvious.

6 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Arrested for felony domestic violence 

1 hour ago, WVhuskerXX said:

Should have come to Nebraska

These two posts don't compute? 

• Plus1 3

8 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Arrested for felony domestic violence 

Good thing USC empowered him to do something so hideous by PAYING him to come to school at USC when that isn't where he wanted to go.

54 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Good thing USC empowered him to do something so hideous by PAYING him to come to school at USC when that isn't where he wanted to go.

Not sure how this is any fault of USC...

If anything, I'm glad he didn't choose Nebraska at this point.

48 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Not sure how this is any fault of USC...

If anything, I'm glad he didn't choose Nebraska at this point.

Always blame the bagmen.

Always a big relief when you hear this stuff that they didn't come here. I think the worst was that guy at Vanderbilt.

• Plus1 1

On 3/5/2018 at 8:36 PM, Moiraine said:

Always a big relief when you hear this stuff that they didn't come here. I think the worst was that guy at Vanderbilt.

I always wonder if a change in environment could've made a difference. Of course you have guys like LP, but you never hear about the other guys where it did make a difference.

Cant remember if it was his mom that wanted him to leave to get out of LA?  That story has come up with some of our CA recruits for sure.  Very sad. 

16 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Cant remember if it was his mom that wanted him to leave to get out of LA?  That story has come up with some of our CA recruits for sure.  Very sad. 

Pretty sure what was reported was he wanted to leave LA/CA but his mom wanted him close to home.

Wondering if anybody ever heard any specifics?  I understand he is out on bail and pleaded not guilty, and he has been kicked off the team but haven't heard much detail....

4 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

2 DV's in a year, that boy will spend the next 4 years in prison rather than on a football field.  What a wasted career and he didn't even get the chance to start it.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

2 DV's in a year, that boy will spend the next 4 years in prison rather than on a football field.  What a wasted career and he didn't even get the chance to start it.

He might still be a good receiver in prison 

• Plus1 4

On 3/7/2018 at 12:02 PM, DrunkOffPunch said:

Pretty sure what was reported was he wanted to leave LA/CA but his mom wanted him close to home.

Momma shoulda let him. 

• Plus1 1