WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay so like Marquel Dismuke and Lamar Jackson?

Grim, Alston, Stanton. Nebraska focused heavily on California this year and ignored the 500 radius which Riley said he wanted to own.

Evidence?

Uhhh yeah a list of our commits

How is that evidence we ignored the 500 mile radius? How about a list of offers? How about the number of trips we took to those potential recruits' houses? How about the number of good players there are in the 500 mile radius this year? I don't have this information, but I know people like to exaggerate. The lack of commits may be simply that those players chose different schools.

Okay, so then I'll flip your argument on it's head - where's the evidence we're only focusing on California?

picture_10545_inverse_converse_and_contr

First off, we didn't *only* focus on California. Now that's said,

Getting no commits from an area doesn't mean we paid no/little attention to it (but we have 3-4 commits in 500 mile radius, not none).

Getting some commits from an area doesn't mean we spent all or even most of our attention there. It shows we spent some attention there. That's the case for both the 500 mile radius and California.

We simply don't have the behind the scenes intel (or the people making the claim aren't providing it) to know whether they're focusing enough on the 500 mile radius.

• Fire 1

Grim, Alston, Stanton. Nebraska focused heavily on California this year and ignored the 500 radius which Riley said he wanted to own.

Evidence?

How is that evidence we ignored the 500 mile radius? How about a list of offers? How about the number of trips we took to those potential recruits' houses? How about the number of good players there are in the 500 mile radius this year? I don't have this information, but I know people like to exaggerate. The lack of commits may be simply that those players chose different schools.

Okay, so then I'll flip your argument on it's head - where's the evidence we're only focusing on California?

Getting no commits from an area doesn't mean we paid no/little attention to it (but we have 3-4 commits in 500 mile radius, not none).

Getting some commits from an area doesn't mean we spent all or even most of our attention there. It shows we spent some attention there. That's the case for both the 500 mile radius and California.

We simply don't have the behind the scenes intel (or the people making the claim aren't providing it) to know whether they're focusing enough on the 500 mile radius.

Oh damn, grammar po-po. Moraine, im starting to think you're either my mom or my ex-wife. You have to have everything perfect, you're rarely if ever wrong, nobody can tell you different, etc. Its just an absolute drain of life to read. Just my take, i dont know you from Eve, and maybe its just an over computer disconnect. In person could be completely different, unless you're my ex or mother of course.
  • Fire 3

Evidence?

Oh damn, grammar po-po. Moraine, im starting to think you're either my mom or my ex-wife. You have to have everything perfect, you're rarely if ever wrong, nobody can tell you different, etc. Its just an absolute drain of life to read. Just my take, i dont know you from Eve, and maybe its just an over computer disconnect. In person could be completely different, unless you're my ex or mother of course.

Have to have everything perfect? That's not even close to my personality. I don't mind arguing though.

Maybe I'm just annoyed nobody's using my damn graphs to argue that Riley is concentrating too much on California. He gets more of his recruits from there than Callahan did.

Evidence?

Have to have everything perfect? That's not even close to my personality. I don't mind arguing though.

Maybe I'm just annoyed nobody's using my damn graphs to argue that Riley is concentrating too much on California. He gets more of his recruits from there than Callahan did.

I thought you are arguing that its not true we concentrate on Cali that much? Didnt someone say we need to concentrate more on the 500 mile radius and i thought you were arguing that theres nothing to prove we arent concentrating on the 500 mile radius?

Evidence?

I thought you are arguing that its not true we concentrate on Cali that much? Didnt someone say we need to concentrate more on the 500 mile radius and i thought you were arguing that theres nothing to prove we arent concentrating on the 500 mile radius?

CN, I can see why you have an EX, you dont know women at all. They will argue with themselves, if they have too. I've seen it! :)

J/K Moraine, you are one of the few reasonable people on this board. I just couldnt help myself :P

"Calvin said Oregon State’s success with Brandin Cooks, who has a similar build, was a factor in his decision. Cooks, now a member of the New Orleans Saints, had 226 receptions for 3,272 yards and 24 touchdowns in three seasons with the Beavers. "

Maybe Riley needs to give him a call and let him know that he was Cook's coach when he played for Oregon St.

If Riley forgot to mention that the first time… Then Riley needs to retire.

"Calvin said Oregon State’s success with Brandin Cooks, who has a similar build, was a factor in his decision. Cooks, now a member of the New Orleans Saints, had 226 receptions for 3,272 yards and 24 touchdowns in three seasons with the Beavers. "

Maybe Riley needs to give him a call and let him know that he was Cook's coach when he played for Oregon St.

If Riley forgot to mention that the first time… Then Riley needs to retire.

Really, as we just found out that's one reason he chose OS and we are in the dead period!

Evidence?

I don't think I said anything about California (before the post you're quoting). I said there is no evidence we're not focusing enough on the 500 mile radius. Not landing recruits (although we have 3-4) doesn't mean we're not going after them. It also doesn't mean there are many high caliber players in our area.

But were I trying to convince people we focused too much on California I'd dig up the maps I made showing Riley has a higher % of recruits from California than does any previous Nebraska coach.

I'm just tired of people making statements out of their asses and not providing evidence. Calvin not committing is not evidence we didn't focus enough on the 500 mi radius, nor is it evidence we focused too much on California.

• Mavric unlocked this topic