WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My goodness. I work with HS kids daily and coach them. We all get overwhelmed when faced with certain decisions. He was about ready to uproot his entire life and move far away from home for the next 4-5 years. At the last minute, "cold feet" set in, which happens to all of us.....and if you deny that, then I am sorry that you have never had to make an important decision on your own before....good luck when you do......

At the last minute, it becomes overwhelming and the idea of staying close to home with your best friend sure sounds safe and great ! Once you have time to take a deep breath, re-evaluate the circumstances and re-assure yourself about your initial thoughts, then things become more clear.

For all of you people saying....."wishy-washy"....let him go elsewhere if he doesn't want to be here..... CRAP !

Get a clue on how 17-18 year old kids think and then look at buying a house half-way across the country and move away form your computer out of your comfort zone......then don't have any hesitation when a the it's time to leave......now add a national tv audience...

Let the kid make a decision without badmouthing his decision.

• Fire 3

If he wants to come to Nebraska, you take him. We need numbers at that position, and he is definitely talented. I still stand by my comments about his commitment to OSU though. That is a joke program.

Like in all seriousness, it would be one of my first 5 OUT programs if they ever were to cut back on Power 5 Schools in some weird realignments.

My goodness. I work with HS kids daily and coach them. We all get overwhelmed when faced with certain decisions. He was about ready to uproot his entire life and move far away from home for the next 4-5 years. At the last minute, "cold feet" set in, which happens to all of us.....and if you deny that, then I am sorry that you have never had to make an important decision on your own before....good luck when you do......

At the last minute, it becomes overwhelming and the idea of staying close to home with your best friend sure sounds safe and great ! Once you have time to take a deep breath, re-evaluate the circumstances and re-assure yourself about your initial thoughts, then things become more clear.

For all of you people saying....."wishy-washy"....let him go elsewhere if he doesn't want to be here..... CRAP !

Get a clue on how 17-18 year old kids think and then look at buying a house half-way across the country and move away form your computer out of your comfort zone......then don't have any hesitation when a the it's time to leave......now add a national tv audience...

Let the kid make a decision without badmouthing his decision. Best fans in America, my a$$.

I work with HS kids as well and I get what you are saying. However, not only is it a big decision for him and his family, but the coaches have a big decision to make as well. Just as much as his life changes, bringing in guys to compete and guys that you can trust as a coach is a coach's livelihood. Grown men/women bashing kids for these decisions is pretty amazing, but it is going to happen.

I do not think I could handle the recruiting process as a coach...been through it as an athlete and it was stressful as heck!

I want him to make the right decision. Try decaf this morning.......also remember the work the coaches are putting in on these kids. They need to know a direction to head as well. You aren't interested, great, we'll head this direction because this guy is interested.

Never bad mouthed his decision. If he wants to stay on the west coast, stay on the west coast. Id rather that happen then him coming to Nebraska and realizing he wants to be home and transferring like Grim did this season. Recruit kids that are 100% sure they want to be here. Kids like Jaevon McQuitty for example.

Never bad mouthed his decision. If he wants to stay on the west coast, stay on the west coast. Id rather that happen then him coming to Nebraska and realizing he wants to be home and transferring like Grim did this season. Recruit kids that are 100% sure they want to be here. Kids like Jaevon McQuitty for example.

Agreed! :thumbs

Moving half way across country is nerve wracking. You're comment on "make him live with his decision" is terrible. Let these 17/18 year olds make mistakes and change their minds. Guide them in the right direction when they choose. That is what our coaches need to do.

I want him to make the right decision. Try decaf this morning.......also remember the work the coaches are putting in on these kids. They need to know a direction to head as well. You aren't interested, great, we'll head this direction because this guy is interested.

Is decaf the same as diet mountain dew... I don't drink coffee....I know that I was a little "high strung" with that post , but I just get frustrated when people get mad about kids who are making HUGE decisions. This isn't a kid saying he will show up and walk your dog, then doesn't show...... this is a tough decision for all kids going to college. My daughter struggled with that decision and she had NO PRESSURE. Can't imagine what it would be like to have seen her ripped up on social media for changing her mind.

Moving half way across country is nerve wracking. You're comment on "make him live with his decision" is terrible. Let these 17/18 year olds make mistakes and change their minds. Guide them in the right direction when they choose. That is what our coaches need to do.

I said let him live. Not make him live. He made his decision. Now Nebraska needs to do whats best for Nebraska. Recruit players that are interested in being here. Calvin does not want to be here. Hell, hes still interested in taking other visits apparently. Its not like its down to OSU and Nebraska. Use your resources elsewhere is all im saying. Lindsey just decommitted, said he doesnt want to be on the west coast anymore. Use your resources on him.

• Fire 1

Is decaf the same as diet mountain dew... I don't drink coffee....I know that I was a little "high strung" with that post , but I just get frustrated when people get mad about kids who are making HUGE decisions. This isn't a kid saying he will show up and walk your dog, then doesn't show...... this is a tough decision for all kids going to college. My daughter struggled with that decision and she had NO PRESSURE. Can't imagine what it would be like to have seen her ripped up on social media for changing her mind.
I'm not mad at all at whatever decision is being made. Just make the right one for you and let us know so we can pursue other options. Diet Mountain Dew has a ton of caffeine from what I've heard! :lol:

Eh, I'm wouldn't be too hard on him. He was obviously and emotional wreck that day. If he changed his mind (again), I'd give him another chance.

Especially considering I don't think we can afford to be that picky.

Yeah I mean, he's a kid who made a decision, right or wrong. It happens, I can be empathetic to that.

I just worry that our staff needs to set a little bit of precedent. This is the second year in a row we've been burned like this. Either jump on board or don't, we can't keep letting kids do this stuff. Calvin is a good player and I would love to have him, but he's not Joseph Lewis, Tyjon Lindsey, or Darnay Holmes. He's replaceable. I say if you want to commit that's great, but if you don't then fine, let's move on and go after one of the many other guys around the country with a similar skill-set. We spend so much time on guys like this and then they leave us with our **** in our hand. Totally fine with spending time like that on 5* guys, they are game changers, but to commit so much time and energy to a guy like Calvin to have him leave in the end is starting to hurt us. Again, not saying I don't like Calvin and wouldn't love to have him N, but we can find others guys to fill his spot if he is flaky about his commitment.

• Fire 2

Eh, I'm wouldn't be too hard on him. He was obviously and emotional wreck that day. If he changed his mind (again), I'd give him another chance.

Especially considering I don't think we can afford to be that picky.

Or we get Lindsey to fill this position of need. Nice to see we are not the only team suffering from late defections and/or suddenly soft commitments.

• Mavric unlocked this topic