WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My goodness. I work with HS kids daily and coach them. We all get overwhelmed when faced with certain decisions. He was about ready to uproot his entire life and move far away from home for the next 4-5 years. At the last minute, "cold feet" set in, which happens to all of us.....and if you deny that, then I am sorry that you have never had to make an important decision on your own before....good luck when you do......

At the last minute, it becomes overwhelming and the idea of staying close to home with your best friend sure sounds safe and great ! Once you have time to take a deep breath, re-evaluate the circumstances and re-assure yourself about your initial thoughts, then things become more clear.

For all of you people saying....."wishy-washy"....let him go elsewhere if he doesn't want to be here..... CRAP !

Get a clue on how 17-18 year old kids think and then look at buying a house half-way across the country and move away form your computer out of your comfort zone......then don't have any hesitation when a the it's time to leave......now add a national tv audience...

Let the kid make a decision without badmouthing his decision.

Never bad mouthed his decision. If he wants to stay on the west coast, stay on the west coast. Id rather that happen then him coming to Nebraska and realizing he wants to be home and transferring like Grim did this season. Recruit kids that are 100% sure they want to be here. Kids like Jaevon McQuitty for example.
One kid lives 5 hrs away and one lives 20 some hrs away.

You could give at least a little bit of benefit of the doubt to the situation - I'm sure Calvin would also be happy to have his parents at his games. That meant the world to me in high school. I know it's easy to want to find a villain, but parents do the best they can and don't want to have to let go of their children so soon and that doesn't make them evil just because they have a desire contrary to the benefit of our favorite football team.

• Fire 4

You could give at least a little bit of benefit of the doubt to the situation - I'm sure Calvin would also be happy to have his parents at his games. That meant the world to me in high school. I know it's easy to want to find a villain, but parents do the best they can and don't want to have to let go of their children so soon and that doesn't make them evil just because they have a desire contrary to the benefit of our favorite football team.

Couldn't have said it better.

"What's it all for?" Seems fair to me but I understand the frustration. His family has made sacrifices too, they want to be there for their son. Remember too that the 3+ years aren't just about Lincoln vs Corvallis, I'm not even sure they likely make every one of either of those games. It's also about the 4 opponents that are within an 8hr drive, which means a hotel isn't necessary, and the 2 opponents that are right in the city they live in. Compared to games that could stretch all the way across the country in Pennsylvania and Maryland. I'd also imagine that every single Oregon State game has cheaper tickets than any Nebraska game.

Hoping whatever decision he makes ends up being the right one for him because Nebraska is a great location for college football if his parents will let him.

• Fire 1

"What's it all for?" Seems fair to me but I understand the frustration. His family has made sacrifices too, they want to be there for their son. Remember too that the 3+ years aren't just about Lincoln vs Corvallis, I'm not even sure they likely make every one of either of those games. It's also about the 4 opponents that are within an 8hr drive, which means a hotel isn't necessary, and the 2 opponents that are right in the city they live in. Compared to games that could stretch all the way across the country in Pennsylvania and Maryland. I'd also imagine that every single Oregon State game has cheaper tickets than any Nebraska game.

Hoping whatever decision he makes ends up being the right one for him because Nebraska is a great location for college football if his parents will let him.

You're right on about location benefits of OSU. Tickets for family would be free at either place.

• Mavric unlocked this topic