WR Jamire Calvin [Washington State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Top receiving target Jamire Calvin shocked Husker fans and coaches Saturday when he picked Oregon State over NU at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, but Nebraska isn’t out of the running yet for the 2017 prospect.

Yana Johnson, Calvin’s mother, told the World-Herald on Wednesday that Calvin’s recruiting process isn’t over despite the dramatic announcement on NBC. NU is not only in the mix, Johnson said, it’s where Calvin prefers to attend. She said her son, a slot receiver at Los Angeles Cathedral High School, is committed to the Beavers in large part because he’s trying to consider his family’s ability to attend games.

• Fire 1

I really feel for Calvin, that's a tough position to be in. And, what is supposed to be an incredible (although stressful) experience has become anything but for him. I hope that he and his family are able to figure out the best fit for all of them, but that they put his happiness first.

And, not that I am the least bit surprised, I love how Coach Riley handled the situation. Always presents himself with class and is an excellent representative for the Huskers.

I really feel for Calvin, that's a tough position to be in. And, what is supposed to be an incredible (although stressful) experience has become anything but for him. I hope that he and his family are able to figure out the best fit for all of them, but that they put his happiness first.

And, not that I am the least bit surprised, I love how Coach Riley handled the situation. Always presents himself with class and is an excellent representative for the Huskers.

Agreed. Let us act like the immature a$$hole$ online. We will do it for the coach. The times Bo made comments about situations like this were never needed. Let us complain about it and make comments online. I'm not trying to bring him up, but it's something I didn't realize at the time.

• Fire 1

Theres also a good chance that Calvin lead his parents to believe that he would be happy at OSU and then when the parents saw his committment to OSU they saw thru the wall that was created. They could have followed up that with "you really want NU - don't you?" - So maybe the parents are the good guys after all.

• Mavric unlocked this topic