Huskers Hire Billy Devaney as Executive Director of Player Personnel

Mavric

In his role with the Huskers, Devaney will work with Riley to develop, implement and oversee a comprehensive football player personnel program. Devaney will head up the process of identifying prospective student-athletes, allocation of scholarship offers and assist the head coach with roster management. Devaney will directly oversee the Huskers’ player personnel and recruiting staffs.

“I spent a weekend in Lincoln last fall in my scouting role for the Falcons,” Devaney said. “The facilities and whole atmosphere was truly special, so the opportunity to work with Mike and his staff at a place like Nebraska was a no-brainer. I have been fortunate in the NFL to be a part of 19 playoff games, four championships and three Super Bowls, but this opportunity at Nebraska excites me as much as anything I have been a part of in my football career.”

Link

Really getting excited for this team. We are finally refusing to be left behind. Teams copied what we are doing in the 90s, caught up to us, kept progressing, and eventually passed us.

After TO retired its like we didnt need to keep progressing, keep changing, and stay up with the times. We are finally realizing we need to be like the Bamas of CFB. They have huge staffs off the field helping the coaches from recruiting to film study and game planning. With our recent off field hires it gives me a lot of hope. Its time to catch up with the Joneses!!

• Fire 2

Really getting excited for this team. We are finally refusing to be left behind. Teams copied what we are doing in the 90s, caught up to us, kept progressing, and eventually passed us.

After TO retired its like we didnt need to keep progressing, keep changing, and stay up with the times. We are finally realizing we need to be like the Bamas of CFB. They have huge staffs off the field helping the coaches from recruiting to film study and game planning. With our recent off field hires it gives me a lot of hope. Its time to catch up with the Joneses!!

Quality post Mr. C N Red. Totally agree. Want to be on the top? Hire the smartest, hardest working, ethical people you can find and tell 'em to put those brains and muscles to work as they see fit. The world changes every day and the pace of change is increasing. Get with it or get out.