Is there a certain record you need to see next year or...

7 wins is the bottom for me this year as long as everyone stays healthy, no blowouts, etc.

If there are a bunch of injuries, I will be more forgiving on the record

Yeah, I think under 7 wins and things might get a little ugly especially since after his season we will probably be breaking in POB for his first ever start...which could mean a year of growing pains.

if we don't win the championship, the super bowl, the final 4, the world series, and the NBA title i think there will be a lot of fans calling for Riley to be fired. it's what they do.

Yeah, 6-7 was so close to virtually accomplishing all of that. There's hardly a sliver of daylight between the two, actually.

So if I am reading your right, you are saying that people not happy with a 6-7 season will never be satisfied with anything.

• Fire 2

I think anything less than 8 wins will be disappointing. Other than OSU I feel fairly confident that NU can beat every other team on the schedual. That doesn't mean they are all gimmies though. Oregon, Wisconsin, Iowa will be tough games. NW will be decent, though I don't think they will be as good as they were this year. They lose a bit on defense, which is what they hung there hat on last year. Indiana is its own little scary problem. You look at them and say that we should not lose to them, but they can put up points in bunches.

• Fire 1

A year ago, we were looking back at a coach who under-achieved his way to 9 wins every year. Now we have a thread full of folks who will be happy with 8-4 or 7-5 as a sign of progress.

Hang tough, those of you who still have actual standards.

well, after last season it would be progress, reasonable progress too.

A year ago, we were looking back at a coach who under-achieved his way to 9 wins every year. Now we have a thread full of folks who will be happy with 8-4 or 7-5 as a sign of progress.

Hang tough, those of you who still have actual standards.

After 7 years of underachiving and 1 year of culture shock transition year we got dealt a hard reality check. In the end we hope the lesson isn't "the grass is always greener".

I think the lesson will be "to make an omelette, you gotta break some eggs".

We win 10 this year.