The Next Husker Controversy

This is such a drama queen "controversy."

But...but....but.......Perlman is destroying everything.
lol

How do you be "not angered, just saddened" and then throw shade on "3rd floor" who isn't even involved in this decision.

If wiping out records and players of the last 10-15 years helps eliminate drama going forward, drama that we've lived through for the last 10-15 years, count me in that group.

This is such a drama queen "controversy."

But...but....but.......Perlman is destroying everything.
lol

How do you be "not angered, just saddened" and then throw shade on "3rd floor" who isn't even involved in this decision.

If wiping out records and players of the last 10-15 years helps eliminate drama going forward, drama that we've lived through for the last 10-15 years, count me in that group.

Yeah, always a smart approach...

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~hick0088/classes/csci_2101/false.html

The Soviet Union

The most common examples of photograph alteration and falsification come from communist Russia. Unwanted persons, so-called "enemies of the people" were not only killed, but also removed from photographs where their presence was unwanted. Photographs were altered with the intent of changing the past.

Leon Trotsky was a close friend of Lenin, and shared his idealistic ideas about the communist state. In the following photographs he can be seen together with Lenin.

trotsky-orig1.jpg trotsky-orig2.jpg

The next set of images are nearly identical, however Trotsky is removed from both photographs.

trotsky-alt1.jpg trotsky-alt2.jpg

The historical reason for this alteration is that Stalin eventually began to see Trotsky as a threat and labeled him an "enemy of the people". After he was deported from the Soviet Union in 1929, Trotsky critisized Stalin's leadership, arguing that the dictatorship Stalin exercised was based on his own interests, rather than those of the people. This contributed substantially to Trotsky's removal from photographs and history.

Nikolai Yezhov, chief of the Soviet secret police, suffered a fate similar to that of Trotsky. For some time he was close to Stalin, staging the infamous Moscow frame-trials, where innocent people were forced to confess crimes against Stalin and the Soviet Union, and were consequently executed. In the photograph below, he can be seen walking together with Stalin.

yezhov-orig.jpg

In the modified photograph below, it is as though he had never existed

yezhov-alt.jpg

[ all pictures above were taken from The Commissar Vanishes ]

(note: meant as a joke; not a serious comparison)

• Fire 3

No you didn't Kenny. You don't go on social media for clarification. You go on social media to put someone on blast.

Congrats. You succeeded. Maybe if you would have waited a little longer to get your answer this would have been avoided. I mean, the university was only getting set to announce a new chancellor. Sorry that this took precedence over your precious 3 cone shuttle record for WR.

It's not always about how you are being wronged. Grow up and be a pro. While you still have that opportunity.

Agreed. Love you Kenny, but come on man.

This tweet cracked me up:

@AFRO_THUNDER80 I heard they also took down all the 9 win banners. Where will the madness end

Kenny's reply: This kind attitude is sad. Again not about wins/losses. It's about the guys that contributed to the program

Another from Kenny: @rooka21personally shook every single administrators hand and told them i appreciated them wen i graduated....After they just fired my coach

I takes a big man to do that... and then tweet about it. Especially the last line implying you shook their hands even though they were horrible.

Well Kenny, they damn sure aint taking down the records that really matter, ya know, national championships and conference crowns and such. You should've put a few of those on the wall and you could've gotten a guarantee that theyd stay up forever.

Think so?...Then you obviously have never heard of a guy called Steve Pederson, have you? :dunno

Yeah, and we don't need no stinkin' alumni coming back here from the NFL and acting like they still own a part of Husker Nation. They should go have there own golf tournament and leave the NEW Husker nation to have their own...again...right?

See where this is going if we carry it further? Because this feels like "deja vu all over again!", as Yogi Berra used to say, or maybe Steve Pederson has gone back to the future.

Strength and conditioning may have started with Boyd Epley, but it didn't end when he left. I don't know if Epley could put a more powerful, explosive player of his up against Suh and come out on top, with or without the steroids some of them used. Definitely a faux pas here.

• Fire 1