The Next Husker Controversy

To me, this is just really disappointing from kenny bell. it shows that he clearly has no relationship with the current staff, nor does he intend to develop one, even though there's every opportunity for him to connect. Nothing against that, since he's a grown man. but if he wanted to connect and truly be of help, he would reach out to the staff to try to correct the issue first before blasting it out to the world.

putting it on twitter like that is very counterproductive, and is pretty shady considering that you haven't heard much positive news or vibes coming from him regarding Nebraska since he left no matter what is happening in the program.

To me, this is just really disappointing from thatguy. It shows that he clearly doesn't pay attention, like when Kenny was doing workouts with our new/current wide receivers coach, like when Kenny said TODAY that it has nothing to do with the football staff, like when Kenny has consistently heaped praise on the program before and after his coach's departure, etc. Also, making an assumption that he HASN'T reached out to the staff or someone in the AD about the issue seems weird, since we dont' know if that has or has not happened. Nothing against that, since he's a grown man on a messageboard, but if he wanted to actually make good observations, he would do his research and be well informed before spouting off on the internet blasting it to the world.

• Fire 3

Gonna play devil's advocate here.

What if the way they were doing things before Boyd came back made it so none if the new players (as of the changes) could crack the top 10 in any category. Not because they're weak but because they're doing the lifts correctly. Is it fair to the new players to be made to look weak when they're doing lifts the right way but don't show up on the board because their numbers are lower?

It seems like a Boyd Epley thing to me rather than a Mike Riley staff thing.

Epley left in 2006. 10 years ago. Probably not a coincidence.

But imo a much better way to do this is to weight the lifts of the past 10 years to match them up to what they would have been in Epley's system. Might be a pain but it could be done. All of the rankings would have to be edited though.

• Fire 1

It seems like a Boyd Epley thing to me rather than a Mike Riley staff thing. When did Epley leave UNL again?

2006. 10 years ago.

Pretty sure that's the case. Bell even specifically said it had nothing to do with the coaches.

I remember Epley saying something a month or two ago about not having the data to compare over the last several years because things were done differently. Curious what all that entails.

Inside Memorial Stadium’s Nebraska Athletic Performance Lab — where Epley serves as assistant athletic director of strength and conditioning and part of the Huskers’ performance team — he’s already tested athletes in 12 sports. Epley said he’s resetting school records in athletic testing and starting over for a standard benchmark.

OWH - December 15, 2015

• Fire 1